International CES, Las Vegas, January 10th, 2012, Venetian Tower, Suites 30-235 and 30-236….. Meridian Audio has announced the introduction of its all-new M6 loudspeaker, an inspired approach to contemporary design from Meridian, which manifest the company’s original design ethos of creating the best sounding loudspeakers in a form that complements a customer’s home environment. Matched with the highly acclaimed Meridian Audio Core 200, M6 creates a complete discreet high-end audio system that is simple to use, easy to live with, and accessible to the whole family.
Attractive as a sculpture in its own right, M6 has a circular footprint and pleasing lines. From its slim, soft shape and gentle taper to the use of non-reflective finishes, the first impression given by M6 is not that of a loudspeaker, however, M6 is the epitome of a Meridian DSP Loudspeaker, with all the features that make them unique.
M6 showcases a striking design approach in combination with unique Meridian technologies that allow a level of performance that is unsurpassed by traditional loudspeaker designs. The gently tapered column that creates the enclosure of each M6 is formed from a specially developed, barium-doped resin. Uniquely heavy and rigid, it is precision moulded into a complex form – impossible to achieve using traditional manufacturing materials and techniques. The same cylindrical enclosure gives M6 its naturally wide dispersion pattern, filling the room with natural sound that can be enjoyed from any position. Its elegant form gives M6 a cylindrical acoustic radiation pattern, offering flexible placement options and a sound that does not significantly vary in volume as you move closer to or further away from the loudspeaker.
Acoustically inert, the cylindrical enclosure provides separate, isolated housings for the wide-range and the low-frequency drivers. There’s also a tuned porting system that further extends the loudspeaker’s low-frequency performance. And with the low-frequency driver mounted so that it plays downwards, bass reproduction is solid and floor-loaded, helping M6 blend effortlessly into the listening environment.
· Meridian M6 Loudspeaker Suggested USD Retail Price: $9,000/pair
· Available February 2012
Key Points for Editors
· M6 delivers true Meridian loudspeaker performance and remains faithful to Meridian’s original design principles by achieving this in a form that complements living space.
· M6 uses Meridian’s unique DSP and active technologies to create a loudspeaker that performs like a conventional speaker with eight times the physical volume.
· M6 offers true ease of placement making it easy to fit in to any room or home.
· With a Meridian Audio Core 200, M6 becomes a complete high-end audio system.
· British design and build.