Sony SS-B3000 Bookshelf Speaker – What You Need To Know
- Great Quality Sound for $100
- Good control of bass – warm mids
- Will Pair Well With Any Entry Level Amplifier / Home Theater
- Highs can be a little fatiguing.
- Mid-range can be a bit over powered by high end.
- Imaging while not horrid has issues with complex soundstages.
Excellence on a Budget is the best way to sum up the SS-B3000 speakers. Sure they are cheap, use some cheap parts, they don’t sound perfect, but they do only cost $99 and they sound pretty damn good. With a 4.5 of 5 rating from 169 Amazon customers and 4.67 of 5 rating on AudioReview these are what you want if you only have $100 to spend on speakers.
- 8â€ Newly Developed Kevlar H.O.P. Woofer
- 3 Â¼â€ Enhanced H.O.P. Cone – Mid Driver
- 1â€ Nano FineÂ® Balanced Dome Tweeter
The SS-B3000 hold a tight control of frequencies down to 50Hz. With a nominal impedance of 8 Ohms and an 88dB sensitivity the SS-B3000 are easy to drive by any entry level amplifier but will benefit from cleaner power from a high grade amplifier.
How Do They Sound?
Given the price constraints it is hard to find an over all fault with the SS-B3000 speakers. But the highs can be a bit straining at times and if matched with some ‘hot’ components, in other words an amplifier that pushes the highs a bit too much, one will find the music fatiguing after a while. Or if you are a little dual in those upper registers you’ll find these perfect.
The mid-range while not perfect, and sometimes a little over shadowed by the highs is generally warm and satisfying. The lower end, while not that low, you’ll want to pair with a subwoofer for if used in a home theater set up, do hold a fairly tight control on the bass.
|Store Name||Store Rating||Price||Notes||Buy Now|
|$89.99||Get 30 days FREE SHIPPING w/ ShipVantage|
|$89.97||Earn 2% eBay Bucks on qualifying purchases! Backed by eBay Buyer Protection Program. Terms and Conditions apply.|
|More Prices >>|