IRVINE, Calif., Aug 26, 2008 — A leader in creating innovative mobile computing products, Toshiba’s Digital Products Division, a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced the launch of its affordable and powerful projector, the TLP-XE30U. Covered by Toshiba’s three-year standard limited warranty1, the 3,000 ANSI lumen mobile projector offers improved image quality with 3LCD technology and innovative features, such as “blackboard” wall color adjustment and quick-power shutdown, for the price of $1,119 (MSRP).
“Toshiba has added the TLP-XE30U to its award-winning lineup of projectors to make presentation solutions more affordable for business professionals, educators and home digital entertainment enthusiasts,” said Jane Poon, product marketing manager, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. “Toshiba constantly strives to provide our customers with the highest quality projector technology at the lowest possible price, the TLP-XE30U 3LCD projector is backed by a with a three-year standard limited warranty1.”
The Toshiba TLP-XE30U projector includes the following leading-edge technologies:
– “Blackboard” Function: This feature allows presentations to be made on non-screen surfaces, such as a painted wall or a blackboard, for ultimate mobility. Users simply select a wall color, such as green, black, brown, blue or beige, and the projector automatically corrects the color for a clearer display in almost any environment.
– Quick-Power Shutdown: Some projectors require that the fan stops completely before unplugging the projector to save on wear and tear of the lamp. The Toshiba TLP-XE30U projector can be powered off once disconnected from the outlet with no cool-down time required.
– Automatic Vertical Keystone Correction: This feature instantly projects a square image even when the projector is placed at a steep offset angle of plus or minus 30 degrees to the screen.
– One-Touch Auto Setup: The TLP-XE30U projector comes with a fully loaded remote control that ensures worry-free, professional presentations even in the most unforgiving environments.
– Digital Zoom: This feature allows the user to focus on the highlights of the presentation by resizing the images.
The following are some of the Toshiba TLP-XE30U projector specifications: TLP-XE30U Projector Specifications (MSRP $1,1192)
– Display Technology: 0.63″ 3LCD
– Aspect Ratio: 4:3
– Native Resolution: XGA 1024 x 768
– Brightness: 3000 ANSI lumens
– Contrast Ratio: 600:1
– Projection Method: Front, rear and ceiling
– Color Reproduction: Full 16.7 million colors
– Projection Screen Size: 33-300 inches
– Projection Distance: 3.8-28.9 feet
– Input Terminal: RGB: 1 x D-sub 15 (can be used for computer input out component video) Video: 1 x S-video; 1 x RCA for composite video RGB Audio: 1 x stereo mini-jack — Output Terminal: RGB: 1 x D-sub 15 terminal Audio: 1 x Stereo mini-jack
– Input Signal Format: Video: NTSC, PAL, SECAM Color Difference: HDTV/DTV (480p/480i/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p), DVD
– RGB: VGA, SVGA, XGA (true), WXGA/SXGA/UXGA (Compressed)
– Other Terminal: RS-232C: 1 x RS232 (mini DIN8 pin)
– Weight: 6.2 pounds
– Warranty: Three-year limited warranty on parts and labor. One-year limited warranty on the lamp or 500 hours, whichever comes first1. limited warranty on the lamp or 500 hours, whichever comes first1.
The Toshiba TLP-XE30U 3LCD projector is currently available through Toshiba’s authorized distributors, dealers, VARs, mail-order outlets, retail stores and www.explore.toshiba.com.
Green Statement: Toshiba strongly believes in corporate social responsibility and is committed to taking certain actions to help protect the environment. Toshiba has set an environmental goal to double its ecological efficiency by 2010 while currently manufacturing its products to meet the Restriction on Hazardous Substances3 standard (RoHS). All Toshiba projectors are RoHS-compatible, reducing harmful environmental effects by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of four business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, Storage Device Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide mobile products and solutions, including industry leading portable computers; projectors; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for automotive, computer and consumer electronics applications; and telephony equipment and associated applications.
TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of information products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, which is a global leader in high technology and integrated manufacturing of electrical and electronic components, products and systems, as well as major infrastructure systems. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 740 companies, with 198,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing $76 billion. For more information on Toshiba’s leading innovations, visit the company’s Web site at www.toshiba.com.
1 The terms and conditions of Toshiba’s standard limited warranties are available at www.warranty.toshiba.com.
2 Reseller prices may vary. MSRP means “Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price.”
3 RoHS. This product is compatible with European Union Directive 2002/95/EC. See RoHS legal footnote at www.info.toshiba.com.
(C) 2008 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
SOURCE: MarketWatch | Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc.