Polk Audio RTi10 Floorstanding Speakers

RTi10

Floor Standing Speaker Frequency response 35-26,000 Hz, Dynamic Balance® drivers, Power Port Plu

peter   Audio Enthusiast [Dec 23, 2014]

Great sound, Bass is just right without a sub. very nice looking as well. As stated by others hope they last forever.

Shannan Wood   Audio Enthusiast [Jul 26, 2010]

I was previously using the Polk 2000p towers. They have a ton of low end bass but not very musical. I was blown away at the upgrade in overall sound quality the RTi10's gave me. They are very musical and look very aggressive. The presentation of the cabintet is absolutely beautiful. The grille is simple yet elegant. I am very happy with these speakers and hope to grow old with them : )

Parvez   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 09, 2010]

I have RTi10 now for more than a year, and I am very satisfield with the purchase.

Connected to HK AVR330, they deliver crystle clear sound.

pontiacdude   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 01, 2009]
Strength:

very powerful speakers, look great, sound even better, wheather you want lots of bass for music or crisp clean sound for movies these towers rock. Could'nt pick a better set of speakers for the price

None at all, these speakers are perfect

These are the best speaker you can get for your buck,they are packed with quallity,and stength,best purchase ever made on speakers blow the doors off my Dual 8" JBL towers I have.could'nt be happier

Customer Service

What a product very nice, good job and keep up the good work you make very good products

Similar Products Used: These speakers sound great with my Harmon Kardon amp these amps are very powerful and I know thats why these speakers sound so nice
zoltan   AudioPhile [Oct 15, 2008]
Strength:

BASS AND CLEAR HIGHS AND THEY LOOK IMPRESSIVE IN CHERRY.

MUDDY MIDS, BUT ITSOTHER STRENGTHS MAKE UP FOR THE IMPERFECTION

I WAS SCEPTICAL, BUT THESE SPEAKERS REALLY IMPRESSED ME WITH THEIR UNLIMITED BASS . I HAVE BEEN AN AUDIO PHILE FOR A LONG TIME AND IM DONE WITH SPENDING AN ARM AND A LEG ON HOME AUDIO IVE LEARNED YOU WILL NEVER BE CONTENT FOR LONG, SO FIND SOMTHING THAT WORKS BETTER THAN WHAT YOU EXPECT AND GO FROM THERE, BUT THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THE FULL RANGE SOUND OF A GOOD FLOOR STANDING SPEAKER. POLK AUDIO STILL MAKES A NICE SPEAKER. MUST HAVE GOOD EQUPTMENT TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THEM THOUGH.
THEY DO ROCK, I DONT KNOW WHAT THE OTHER REVIEWERS ARE SMOKING, BUT THEY REPRODUCE BASS WONDERFULLY. IF YOU GET A GOOD DEAL ON THEM - DONT PASS THEM UP.

VERY COMPITENT!!!

Similar Products Used: PARADIGM, DUNLAVY- WITCH ARE THE BEST, BOSTON A, MARTIN LOGAN
Jean PAradis   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 17, 2007]
Strength:

Good response on the complete range.

No disortion at all whit the NAD 372.

Power as you wish !

Very nice look.

For the price it's a 5 stars !

The footing of those is made for carpet.

Bad they don't include a set for hard floor.

The polk rti10 is very impressive for the price. I buy a demo pair on the floor.
So i paid about $700 before taxes.

Those speakers got impressive response on low mid and high frequency.

Boy they rock !

Since i drive them whit a NAD C372. At 150-watts x 2-channels, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a cleaner, more reliable amplifier today for the price.

I use the bi-cable and both speakers output a and b on the c372.

It cost me $100 of cable to wire the set up.

vinh lai   Casual Listener [Dec 17, 2006]
Strength:

I experience a new sound that I've ever heard before

I haven't found so far...

I bought over a month ago and replaced my old Sony speakers. I've done lots of research and boil down to Polk Audio brand. On my list for my front speakers whether RTi10 or RTi12 will be loud enough for my home theather around 1000sqt. One of the reasons I've decided RTi10 beside the money is my Sony receiver STR-K502 which produce 100wpc. From what I understand, RTi12 will be hungry on amp power. To get the best out from RTi12, at least 150wpc is needed. I'm happy with RTi10 specially on Cherry finish. Beside produce wonderful sounds, it also decorates the room.

Similar Products Used: I've used Bose, Infinity and Sony
toplaidback   AudioPhile [Aug 29, 2006]
Strength:

Appearance - the cherry wood makes for good furniture as well as housing some great compenents.

None - they do what they are intended to do and do it well.

Hopefully someone reads this and it may save them some of the time and effort I used to get to this point when considering a home system.

After owning four receivers and 17 different speakers ( the downside of not having good audio stores close-by, too easy internet access, and a little hard headeness) have gotten to the point am comfortable with both of my H/T and music systems.

RTis 10s mains, CSI5 center, and R50s the surrounds all by Polk together with an AudioSource 15 inch sub. comprise my primary set-up. To finally get here broke down and covered the miles to compare systems. Looked at, listened to, and in some cases have owned; Infinity - too weak, JBL - muddy, Bose - duh, Klispch - geat speaker but low on appearance - after all gotta look at as well as hear, Paradigm - good but not worth $, Mags - nah, Wharfedales - own in my second system but hard to find now, and the Polks. Narrowed down between RTi10s and LSi15s. 15s tad bit better on some music but power hungry, harder to locate, and last but not least a lot more bucks.

Have found that home entertainment is like a lot of things in life; the first steps are the easiest to obtain but the higher you go the harder ( and more expensive ) it becomes.

Right now with the Polks, AudioSource sub, Onkyo 603 receiver, Sony DVD and big screen, Denon CD, and JVC VHS have a comfortable and enjoyable set-up. Onkyo, and many other new recievers, are plug and play in that they use microphones to do the inital speaker set-up. This leaves onlyspeaker placement; which with the Polks with their expansive presence is fairly painless.

The end result is a fairly inexpensive set-up that reproduces all entertainment venues excellantly with near audiophile quality and a minimum of fuss. Hey I can now inderstand all Gollum is saying - which should give you a yardstick on how clear the music is.

I know there are many audiophiles who have systems that they believe can out-perform this system - but at what price in time, finikiness, and all to much extra $. After all my objective is to have a system that serves and entertains me not me having to serve it to get my entertainment. I'll take the extra time and bucks and spend on my MX5, Harley or another European cruise. If you want a good home set-up consider the 10's with a CSi5 main with a good sub and Polk surrounds. I used the R50s because already owned and looked good without having to use stands, but the RTi6s are good for the surrounds.

As a last addition bi-wire with a good 12 gauge wire, and if you decide to go with the Polks give acousticsounddesign.com a good look - excellant prices and service on these and Klipsch speakers if you can get past the Klipsch appearance they are good boxes.

Customer Service

Very good accoustic was great have not had to use Polk's service.

Similar Products Used: JBL, Wharfedale, Bose, Sansui, ARs, Realistic, AudioSource, Infinity, KLH
prahallad,   Audio Enthusiast [Aug 10, 2006]
Strength:

Good Highs,great looks, good build quality and can handle well music.

Nil

Hi to all
I purchased this speaker as birthday gift for my family. This speaker is well designed and well built can be used for mid rooms size. Speaker requires a good amplifer to power them with low end of AVR the speaker are hardly felt. As i have read for over three decades Polk has defined speaker power and performance. i feel every polk is a model of percision, high fidelity and exceptional tonal quality. I am not a serious audiophile who is particular ab out every detail but i am looking for a high power theratre experience.

At first hand of listen i planned to buy this.

Similar Products Used: Wharfedale and Boston
psager   AudioPhile [Jun 08, 2006]
Strength:

highs, looks ,build qualityand music.

low end is a little boomey,mids are non existantand movie quality suffers because of mids.

These speakers are a little hard for me to describe in a languge for you unaudiophiles out there hewever i will try.
First things first i used these speakers whith a low level reciever made by Onkyo the model number is txns595 they are rated at 75 watts per channel at 8 ohmes so naturally i figured they wouldnt hurt the speakers due to these speakers crazy efficientness (93 dbs is crazy.)Now to the good stuff.Idid bi amp these speakers and when i put them to the test (volume at about 38to42)they couldnt handle it i about blew them within 1 minute the two bass drivers were excruding to the max and crazy enough so was the driver for the mids,which leads me to believe that the xover is a little off,the high end was unflutterd and handled all the power very well never sounding overly bright(harsh on your ears.)I recently sold that reciever and suggested a pair of infinities to the new owner (who is new to the reciever world)and they handle the power just fine(however the infinities are not bi ampable)so i borowed the the reciever one last time to audition the polk rti10s again only this time not bi amped and the result was just the same.If you are planing to buy a set of these speakers make sure its not a higher end unit for it WILL blow these speakers so in other words buy a sony,lower end denon(under 1500)or harmon kardon i think they will match up well with a harmon and moderatly well with a better sony lets say 500 and above hell even the es series as well as another onkyo just make it a newer one the amp rating arent quite right.Over all id say the highs are traditional polk as is the mid range(yawn)and to try to impress the youger age bracket made the low end to easy to push to make them happy with a lower end reciever but believe me when i say bass is easy to creat but what makes relly good sound is a good mid range,if youre like me kick these to the curb and buy a infinity system preferably the beta, mids are wonderful and highs are real and if your really serious try the polk lsi series they rival boston,paradigm and many other moderatly high end speakers but that review is yet to come.

Similar Products Used: B&K avr202 reciever,Monitor audio speakers,polk psw505sub,Denon dvd3910 dvd playerwhich doubles back for cds as well.