Audiofile 830LR Floorstanding Speakers

Basic floor speakers

USER REVIEWS

[May 08, 2019]
santosramos

Strength:

Bought the pair for $72 at a second hand store. Was expecting better performance from a "400w" speaker. The overall sound is flat. The tweeter output is very low.

Tweeter sound is weak. Pawn shops won't even take these because they are not safety regulated!

Price Paid:
Purchased:
Used
[Nov 26, 2017]
ERNESTO SALAZARIII
AudioPhile

I WONT NEED ANOTHER SET OF SPEAKERS AS LONG AS THESE BAD ASS TOWERS KEEP PUMPIN FOR ME

[Mar 12, 2015]
rich
Audio Enthusiast

I bought these from a local person sellig on line, he wanted like 100.00 for them noticed right away i needed a tweeter, gave him 30.00, think he was a crack head. Well anyways i hooked them up to small 50 watt kennwood receiver, sounded like crap no bass, added two vintage bostin acustis tweeters fit fine added a much larger amp and EQ, sound great, also hva a set of vintage 3way fishers hooked upit all kicks good... not bad. For 30.00

[Feb 09, 2015]
Jason
Audio Enthusiast

I got these speakers in Sydney, Australia from a white van driving around offering speakers back in 2001.

Discussing them with a friend who thinks they sound great, we had a Google in year 2015...

14 years of use and I think they are wonderful.

It took several hours of seriously loud music to blow 1 tweeter at a party.

My other speakers are Energy from Canada, I really can't say the expensive Energy speakers are any better than these Audiofiles..

I paid AUD$1000 for 4x speakers. (around US$800 all up)

I have used them on a Yamaha stereo amp (150W RMSx2) and a 6.1ch Denon (120W RMSx6)

One tweeter blew, replaced with with a new Wharfedale tweeter that looks the same and has similar sound.

[Aug 26, 2014]
Mike Godar

Hello
Found a black finish pair at a local Goodwill for $15.00 First glance they look quality and the cabinets are heavy.Look similar to JBL towers.Did not think they were scam speakers at the time.That said, they are ok for the money
One tweeter was found blown
Overall they do not sound bad.Then again they do not reflect the product name. Pushed 50 watts full power and they handled the bass ok
Going to outfit the set with a set of tweets and they should sound better.
I buy and sell audio so plan to re-sell the pair for $60.00 for quick sale.Excellent starter speakers for new comers to the vintage audio experience
MG

[Apr 24, 2014]
Kyle
AudioPhile

So I hear that these are white van scam speakers, Everyone sits here and makes jokes about how crappy they are and stuff. Truth be told if you havent ever heard them or tested them out all of your opinions dont count for SH**... Anyways, I recieved my first pair of these "audiofiles lol" From my friends mom who found them in the trash, took em home and set em up, subs didnt work.... So I tore everything out of the box, It took a few hours of soldering but I rewired em, Chucked the old crossover that was in there, and hooked em up to my old A/V Pioneer pushin around 150 watts per channel on stereo. These things quake. Ive now had this pair PLUS another pair that I found in the trash. I put about 15$ into a set of 4 of these (solder iron, and solder), I havent had a single issue in the 5 goin on 6 years that I've had these and there still goin strong... The only thing that I will say is the craftsmanshift of the speaker boxes are half assed and the crossover that they have originally is junk I would definetly recommend these speakers to someone, Just dont pay over 100$ a pair unless you can check them out inside and out.

[Jun 11, 2013]
Ismael Ruiz

Ok

[Aug 31, 2012]
amazinghouse
Casual Listener

I purchased these speakers without checking them out first. I know that's a stupid thing to do, but although they originally came into existence through a scam, I'm not unhappy. I bought them at a thrift store for $40.00 for the pair, and so far the sound is good. I do listen to classical music, but I''m not an expert that needs top of the line equipment.

[Jan 17, 2012]
dennis campo
Audio Enthusiast

Was really surprised @ the quality of sound produced,heard em at a pawn storeand the 200 bux jumped outa my pocket, have been delighted with them ever since.I run em thru a Denon 4306ci with my B &W -602s and cdm-cnt(2) also Denon blu-ray,and Denon 5 disc carousel.these really hold their own.GreT audio for the price!

[May 11, 2011]
whitesofthereeyes
AudioPhile

Dont realy know the year but keep it simple I run 4pr and 2pr of M&K subs with my 2 DENON 2200 POA and a DENON PRE & AMP INT and lived out in the countey I had a nabor a half mile away say he could here them made his windows ratel runing at 16 om hitting 120 db eazy sound as good as a lot of speakers ln the 1000s of doller rang bought used at pon shops will buy moor later just to go to 16 om better sound I think tryed them at 4 om all ready with what I have use the 2200 as mono blocks anyhow if you get the chance get some