Monster Cable M351 Cable Speaker Cables

M351 Cable

Jimmydaves   Audio Enthusiast [Aug 29, 2002]
Strength:

Bass output and dynamics. Inexpensive. can be easily found on the used market

was not as open or detailed in the midrange or treble as some other cables I had used at the same price

I really think these are great cables for the money, however compared to what you can get for the same price or higher, they are lacking in the midrange and treble. These cables have a very nice bass to them, but the midrange and treble seem to be recessed too much and the bass seems overly generous. So to me, these cables were not tonally balanced from top to bottom. However, for their price and what most people will use them for, they represent a good deal. You can find these used at a greatly reduced price all over, so if you want to go the inexpensive route, then this is a great option. However, if you're looking for a better cable, then the cables listed below will give you a great deal more quality for not that big an increase in price. I also think Monster cable has made better cables than this in the past, some of which I still own.

Similar Products Used: Kimber, Siltech, Cardas, Zcable
Bobby   Casual Listener [May 01, 2002]

WOW! I can''t believe how much the cable has helped my budget surround system! The bass is so much tighter and not boomy sounding at all. I used an ordinary RCA cable for my line in input on my sub, but now with the M351, it sounds sooo much better. I never had any idea how much cables mattered, but now I know.

EVR   Audio Enthusiast [Apr 17, 2000]
Strength:

THX Certified, tight clean bass

None so far

I have this cable running to a Kenwood 1050SW Powered Sub (I know the cable doesnt justify the sub I am using but not all of us have $800 to spend for a sub). Anyway, even for my average sounding sub which gave up pretty easily when the bass got intense or lower than 35hz and sounded completely boomy now sounds much tighter and cleaner. Very good product IMHO and a great way to save your otherwise average sounding sub.

Similar Products Used: Cheap RCA audio cable
Andrew   Audio Enthusiast [Mar 27, 2000]
Strength:

THX Certified. Good construction.

None

I am using it with a BA PV600 sub. It produces good, tight clean sound. Very good cable for the price.

Gene   Audio Enthusiast [Aug 03, 2001]
Strength:

noticeable improves bass output

none found

This cable really works. I have wired my Velodyne VA-1012X II subwoofer 4 different ways:

- speaker wire
- patch cord interconnect
- basic Monster Cable interconnect
- this cable

Each way has been progressively better, bass response has been fuller and more powerful.

You may not need a new subwoofer, try this cable first. Also, when connecting for the first time, turn down your subwoofer to compensate for the increased output.

Similar Products Used: patch cord, Monster Interlink 100
ZACH KRUYF   Audiophile [Dec 25, 2000]
Strength:

WORKS GOOD THX

??????

I LIKE THIS CABLE BECAUSE IT MAKES THE BASS SOUND GOOD
CLEAN TIGHT AND CLEAR THOUGH I HAVEN'T TRIED A DIFFERENT CABLE WITH THE NEW SUB IT SEEMS GOOD

PRICE FOR 2.5 M

BUY THIS

Similar Products Used: CRAP NO NAME
Keith   Audiophile [Dec 29, 2000]
Strength:

Solid construction, Good looks, Big difference in subwoofer performance

none so far

i recently bought a Klipsch KSW-15 a 15" sub rated at 800 watts although im not too sure thats the actual power. anyways it soaunded kinda weak and the bass level control wasnt doing a whole lot. so i bought this cable hooked it up and wow, the difference is remarkable. The bass is much tighter and the output seems to be more. also the response is much more uniform. good overall sub cable

Similar Products Used: radio shack wire
Dan   Audio Enthusiast [Apr 05, 2001]

Previously used Monster 201 SWHT. Upgraded to 2.5m M351. I am using a Velodyne HGS-12 subwoofer.
After an hour session of A/B'ing, I can say that I definitely prefer the M351. The bass is much tighter. I can resolve far more definition. Previously, the preamp sounded as if it had loose control over the subwoofer, for example once it set a boom in motion, it had a hard time stopping it. Now it seems it has total control over the subwoofer.
Have not tried any other subwoofer cables, but I think this one is a good cable, and it is reasonably priced.

Hunter   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 19, 1999]
Strength:

Build quality, freq depth, transmition spead

This is an excellent home theater cable. Used to connect the subwoofer pre out to the powered sub. Personnaly I have the 8m model. Does not loose signal strength in transfer over the long distance. The sub it is running to is a Boston Acoustics VR500. With the cable it produces tight, clean bass. Great for music and Home Theater. Well worth the money, exspecially since i got it for $65.