ATI Audio AT2505 Amplifiers

AT2505

250 watt rms x 5 channel Home Theater Amp

Dan L.   Audio Enthusiast [May 09, 2013]

This is just an update to say that these 2 each ATI AT2505 Amps are still working flawlessly and have been used at least 5 days a week since I first purchased them. 15 years ago and still going strong. I Love these amps and will not part with them. These are just a bullet proof superb sounding product by a first rate manufacturer.

sd5659   Audio Enthusiast [Oct 10, 2010]

I have now owned two of these ATI 2505 Amplifiers for 9 years and they have always worked flawless. If anybody has problens with "HUM" be sure to use a a ground lift adaptor or cut off the ground prong on the power cord plug. Your audio system should never haver more than one grounded component because it will usually cause a ground loop "HUM".
I would happily purchase these amplifiers again.
5 Stars again
Dan L.

gina   Audio Enthusiast [Oct 26, 2009]

very impressed with the sound. The ability of this amp to reproduce the full impact of 5 channel movie soundtracks Even at relatively moderate listening levels this amp is absolutely incredible at revealing ever natural and detail. This is the kind of power needed for an involved home theater set up. .You will love the quality of NATURAL SOUND .. At higher volumes, it never really seems "loud," but it is...it's just so clear! really rocks! In "The Haunting," it felt like it was my own house that was collapsing around me! I'd have to say that you'd have to spend a lot more money to achieve a better sounding amp for the money. It's just beautiful. Music CDs I've heard many times never sounded better. I love this amp!

dimilino   Audio Enthusiast [Jun 02, 2009]

This amp is for those who want the best sounding multi channel amplifier and one of the best musical sounding amps as well. Clean sound, tight extended bass, powerful enough to move almost any speaker without a problem. Not much to say, this is one of the best sounding multi channel amplifier period. If you mostly listen to music but want something that does movies as well then this is a great choice. Built like a tank.

rsmcphee   AudioPhile [Jul 01, 2003]
Strength:

big open sound stage, detail, great value, smooth

none at this price

Associated Components: Speakers: Center: Martin Logan Cinema, Front (left/right): Martin Logan Ascent, Surround Rear: Martin Logan Scenario Subwoofer: Infinity HPS-1000 (1000 watts) Speaker wire: Audioquest GR 8 Interconnects: Nordost Blue Heaven Processor: Rotel RSP 1066 CD player: NAD 541i DVD/CD players: Pioneer Elite DV-c36 and Sony NC 650V SACD/DVD/CD Player. Power Conditioner: Monster Cable HTS-1000. I am blessed with a good career but I am not wealthy so I really had to select well on this purchase. I am in search for an amplifier that conveys music and movies accurately. In my quest, I auditioned Sherbourn 5/5210, Classe’ CAV-180, Krell (entry level), Outlaw 755, Rotel RMB-1095, and Pass Labs X5. The Sherbourn 5/5210 was powerful and dynamic enough for home theater applications but under performed with music. It sounded as if it was struggling to drive the Martin Logans. Martin Logans are definitely not ideal for the Sherbourn 5/5210. The Krell sounded great but it was a bit expensive for what you get. The Outlaw 755 is a good amplifier that could drive the Martin Logans. It sounded open but had an edge in the upper frequency. It was entertaining and a good choice but I was still not satisfied. The Classe’ CAV-180 was an outstanding choice. It reminded me of a very high-end amplifier. It is a relative bargain for $4000 but I was not willing to gamble on lack of dealership support in Arizona. The local dealer here had Rotel RMB-1095. This is a highly regarded amplifier as well. It was recommended in Stereophile and other periodicals. My impression was that it was smooth sounding and dynamics were respectable too. The bass was its shortcoming. It could not produce music with complex bass. I wanted to like the Rotel so much because it was affordable but it just did not address my needs. The Pass Labs X-5 is also a great candidate. This amplifier is popular choice but lacked the power I needed. Finally, I auditioned the ATI-2007. This was highly recommended by Art Brett of Brett Interiors (520-733-9896), a hi-fi dealer here in Tucson, Arizona. I must admit I did not really know ATI, but I decided to give it a try since the dealer seemed trustworthy and knowledgeable. To my surprise, this amplifier sounded great out of the box. It did not have the edge of the Outlaw and sounded smooth also like the Rotel. It sounded like the Classe’s CAV-180 but it was just $1000 cheaper in a 7-channel version. The Classe’ was very good indeed but it was hard to justify $4000 investment where you can buy the ATI-2007 for $3000 with more power and more channels. This amplifier is a profound bargain for $3000. Its dynamics, bass reproduction and mid-range frequency were impressive for the money. Voices sounded natural and instruments are well-spaced. The sound is big and effortless. I loved it the moment I connected it and I continue to appreciate its talents each passing day.

Similar Products Used: Krell, Outlaw, Sherbourns, Rotel, Classe, Pass Audio
RobertA   AudioPhile [Jun 17, 2002]
Strength:

powerto deliver bass and clarity and imaging.

weight, requires it's own 20 amp circuit, and won't accept spade lugs.

Scary power, the best placement of sounds (imaging) I've heard, beautiful midrange and powerful bass. I'm sure this amp is impossible to beat for home theater and difficult to beat for music. It's weight at 106 lbs. is monstrous but makes you feel that this amp is indestructable, which it probably is. I love the auto on feature which integrates with my Lexicon processor perfectly. It drives ribbon and planar-magnetic speakers which sound better than before. It completed my home theater. I use an Oddessey (150 wpc) amp for the two rear speakers (7.1 system.) This set up with a Sunfire Signature sub simply makes the room rumble and shake yet, any slight sound is heard with clarity and precisely placed where it should be. Mine was an opened box last of it's kind special but, even at $2,000 or more, it's a deal.

Similar Products Used: Oddessey, Audio Research, Yamaha, AMC, etc.
Ray Ristow   Audio Enthusiast [Feb 25, 2002]

Need help just got my ATI 2505 and having problems with HUM. Ran a 20 amp circuit to power amp and other components using a Denon AVR-5800 as preamp #1 problem HUM In all speakers #2 problem after diconecting all the inputs have a loud HUM in the left channel only ruled out speaker by testing with another speaker useing Monster Cable Interlink 400 Mk II please help.

Steve Luchio   Audio Enthusiast [May 19, 2001]
Strength:

Solid Build. Incredible power reserve. Great soundstage.

none that can be found.

I was very skeptical about going to a separate power amp. Thanks to the reviews of others here, I took the chance and I must say that it was a great move on my part. My excellent Pioneer VSX-27TX Receiver is now a preamp/processor. Although it pumped out clean power to all channels, it was no comparison to the ATI-2505. I am getting bass response out my Polk RT 800's like never before and believe me, those speakers love power! Like others, I am listening to my music and movie collection all over again, hearing things I've never heard before, with crystal clarity and presence. Sure, I would be naive to think that other power amps wouldn't do the same but this baby cranks with absolutely no effort. Take a chance on the low price and the generous wattage you get, great build quality and a manufacturer that stands behind their workmanship, 7 years worth, along with modular replacement capability. This amp will satisfy my need for power for a very long time! Thank you, ATI!!!

Similar Products Used: none. (first timer!)
merc   Audiophile [Feb 13, 2001]
Strength:

Kicks musical and HT ass! Even driving full range, non powered tower speakers... this amps got plenty left!

So heavy that shipping costs are expensive. Power cord plug requires goofy 20 amp outlet.

If you are looking for a powerful, 5 channel, sub $2K amp... look no further!

Similar Products Used: Parasound, Carver, Acurus, NAD.
Daniel Lombardy   Audio Enthusiast [May 13, 2001]
Strength:

Has 250 watts of conservative rated FTC power per five channels at 8 ohms. with all channels driven simultaneously.EIA power is 330 watts at 8 ohms and 500 watts at 4 ohms.This amp is very well designed and Built like a TANK weighing in at 106 lbs.This amp was design with performance in mind.All channels are are completly seperate and easily accessible and removable for servicing in the unlikely event this should happen.Full 7 year parts and labor warranty.

Very heavy and not very portable.I built a funiture dolly to move it around.

I like this amp so much I Bought another one.This amp out performs any other amp I have ever owned in probably every way.The bass output is very tight and defined.In fact the bass output of this amp exceeds any other amp I have ever owned in spades.What really amazes me is,it pumps out more bass without working my bass drivers as hard.This amp Takes a tight grip and totaly controls the drivers motion.This must be relative to the amps damping factor Greater than 1,000 from 10 hz to 400 hz.The midrange is very smooth detailed and natural sounding not to forget to mention that the soundstage is larger and deeper than with any of my other amps.Stereo imaging sounds to be spot on.The High Frequencies are also superb,very natural.I could go on and on but why bother ,I all ready have Two of these and they will undoubtably be the last amps I own unless I win the LOTTO!This amp might not be a quite as good as a Krell but the differences is are minor.Unless you have a lot of money to "BLOW" on those big FANCY LOOKING megabuck amps,I would highly recommend this amp over almost any thing costing twice as much,PERIOD!Of coarse only Krells,Sonic Frotiers,Mark Levinson,Conrad Johnson,ect.deserve Five Star Ratings but then again they can't compete price wise.So therfore I give this AT2505 Five Star fore it's price performance catagory.

Similar Products Used: Harmon Kardon,Marantz,Carver,Yamaha,Denon,DBX,Proton,Sony and Pioneer.