Technics SA EX140 A/V Receivers

Technics SA EX140 A/V Receivers

DESCRIPTION

- 200 watts total output.
- Class H+ amplifier circuitry achieves high power output with outstanding dynamic headroom.
- Remote-controllable rotary volume knob.
- Quartz synthesized digital tuning system.
- 30 station AM/FM random access presets.
- Direct 10-key tuning.

USER REVIEWS

[Jun 09, 2020]
SamDizzle420

Strength:

Works amazingly, i have it hooked up to 4 100w 6 ohm & 2 100w 8 ohm speakers. And it drives them perfectly. Only paid $40 for it too so all by all great bang for its buck.

The only weakness i would say is that it only has 2 channels but that's my personal preference.

Purchased:
Used
[Oct 07, 2019]
Adman512

Strength:

Super clean sound with plenty of power. Using with Advent two-way tower speakers and it drives them nicely. I haven't just sat in front of stereo speakers for entertainment in decades, but I do now. Dug it out of storage after nearly 20 years and installed a Bluetooth adapter so my primary source is an iPad with a Pandora feed.

None readily apparent

Purchased:
New
Model Year:
1999
[Nov 05, 2014]
ttProfessor
Audio Enthusiast

I have had this for 10 years now, and I love it! It pushes a pair of 12inch 100watt Tecnics speaker boxes, and I want nothing more!

I have never regretted the purchase. It's clean, and I get good bass from it. I like that I could connect my TV's cable box, DVD player, and my equalizer thru the tape monitor.

[Feb 08, 2009]
armando m. v.
Audio Enthusiast

I bought it in 2001 at Circuit City and paid for it $13.
Still works at its best, powerful and good sound if you use a good pair of speakers. I have Bose 310 and it really delivers! Worths every penny that i paid for it.
It´s a pitty that this brand is no longer on the market on the A/V devices.

[Mar 28, 2003]
MaxxC
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Survived 15 months of normal "teenage" use without a hitch.

I purchased this for my teenaged daughters first stereo system 15 months ago. Good receiver for the money and actually seems to put out 100wpc unlike many which claim to but seem to fall short. Nice tuner.

[Dec 31, 2002]
Clyde Peterson
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Great sound. High Dynamic Headroom. Quiet and cool running.

There's trebel and bass controls which do wonders for the sound, but no loudness button.

Wonderful product for the money!

Denon, Onkyo, Sony, JVC.

[Dec 26, 2002]
ty_dogg19
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

LOUD!!

gets to hot after work out . A-B cant be on at the same time

Hello, I used this unit on my Philps and it did the job. It has great sound for a little reciever. I think it has 20 watts x 2 eathen pushin it. Great for first stereo's I had to sell it for a Denon AVR-1400 read the reviews. amazing reciever with 65x5

None

[Nov 29, 2002]
essay
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Excellent for a stereo system. Sound quality, price and features

I needed a receiver that only had 2 channels for speakers because it would be for my stereo set up. Having owned a Technics SA-EX540, which is for five channels, I looked at it's sister product, the SA-EX140 which is two channels. Having appreciated the quality of the EX540, I knew that the SA-EX140 would be the perfect receiver for my stereo system. If you are looking for a receiver that can do the basics, and you have stereo speakers (as opposed to a five channel setup), then you may want to consider purchasing this product. It has not disappointed me any.

Technics SA-EX540

[Apr 09, 2002]
Obbop
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Inexpensive. Does what it''s supposed to

None apparent

$109 on sale. Basic unit that does what it''s supposed to. Tied into a 1970s quadraphonic decoder so all 4 channels output synthesized quad. For the money you can''t beat it. In 1975 an equivelent unit was $500

Similar Products Used:

Sansui QRX-9001. Sansui QRX-7500.

[Mar 17, 2002]
Hepcat22
AudioPhile

Strength:

Great for the money.

None that I can complain about. I even like the little remote.

This little stereo amp is very very good at what it is supposed to be: A basic, no frills receiver. I bought a similar Technics model for my son 20 years ago. It had wood-trim sides, analog dial, and no remote. It is still doing fine as a second unit for him. I bought this one for our beach condo...where I can''t and don''t want to install surround sound, etc. The tuner is excellent with a simple T-wire antenna which I hid up behind some drapery door coverings facing the beach. Plays through AR speakers. Other components are DVD/CD player, VCR, Cassette deck, and 27" Toshiba TV. (My main system at home is all vintage McIntosh by the way).

Similar Products Used:

Pioneer, Yamaha, Kenwood, JVC, heck just about all of them etc.