Panasonic PT-AE900U Front Projectors

PT-AE900U

• Resolution: WXGA-H (1280 x 720)
  • Brightness: 1100 ANSI lumens
  • Contrast Ratio: 5500:1
  • Uniformity: 85%
  • Aspect Ratio: 16:9; 4:3
  • Display: Type LCD; 0.7" transparent LCD panel x 3

Bob Lundrigan   Audio Enthusiast [Sep 13, 2006]
Strength:

The clearest imaginable LCD picture, whisper quiet operation, and a remote that is extremely featured and functional.

Manual Focus.

After much research, I decided to purchase this projector on strength of both specifications and reviews. I was not disappointed. I'm using a 100 inch painted-on screen in a room measuring 14X14. I have dark blue suede-painted walls and the room is completely light-controlled. I adjusted the projector settings using Avia. The projector has no discernable screendoor effect. That is, the effect is not visible unless you get closer than about 5 feet from the screen. This machine projects a perfectly clear and natural picture. In fact, don't stand and watch the dogfight at the beginning of Star Wars Episode 3...it is so clear and smooth with this projector that dizziness will occur! Contrary to some opinions, I believe the picture provided by LCD technologies exceeds any other. This projector is no exception, and its as quiet as they get too. Panasonic doesn't skimp on the remote either, which is as fully functional and high quality as I've seen. The only negative is the lack of remote focus control, which I, for one, can live with. At this price, the Panasonic AE900U is a no brainer.

Customer Service

Only used to inquire about the whereabouts of my rebate, which arrived the day after I called and right at the limit of what was promised.

Similar Products Used: In Focus and Sharp mid-range projectors.
OVERALL
YESGUY97   Audio Enthusiast [Dec 02, 2005]
Strength:

Amazing sharpness and contrast. Multiple theatre settings Joystick option to adjust picture setting on screen Adjustable screen size from 40" to 120" Multiple component video inputs

None that I have seen.

I was skeptical at first about the quality of a projector, but when I saw this unit I was blown away. The picture quality, colour and full HD resolution is unbelievable. I would recommend spending a bit extra to purchase a high quality home theatre screen instead of a cheap model. This will give the maximum viewing experience.

OVERALL