Mitsubishi WS 55908 Rear Projection

WS 55908

- Tru-Focus Lenses: Deliver improved optical performance with the benefit of new lens element contours, adding further depth and detail for a film-like HDTV image.
- Deluxe High-Gloss Cabinets: Styled for the sophisticated home, these Diamond Series models easily accommodate custom furniture and built-in installations.
- Gold-Plated Connectors: Ensures the best possible contacts for all input and output signals, including S-video and component video.
- Enhanced Audio Performance: Provided via 6"" woofers and 1.5"" tweeters, this audio has improved stereo imaging, louder volume levels, and lower distortion while producing deeper bass and extended high frequencies.

joe ciancio   Audio Enthusiast [Apr 18, 2002]
Strength:

Picture quality, Sound quality. VGA input. Highly recomended by others in the business. Good reliability according to consumer reports.

Only 1 set of HD composite inputs, no 720p input.

Had the best contrast and sharpness of any set I looked at, even beating the Pioneer Elite. The stretch mode is not as good however as the Pioneer and I almost didn''t buy the Mitsubishi because of this since most of what I watch is 4:3 format. The sound quality is good for a stand alone set and I usually don''t need to turn on my A/V receiver. This is also the best looking cabinet finish of all the sets that I looked at. The only problems I have with the Mitsubishi is there is only 1 set of HD composite inputs, and there is no 720p support. There is also the VGA input (Very cool !) that did a very good job as a temporary computer display.

Similar Products Used: Panasonic superflat.
luc   Audio Enthusiast [Dec 30, 2001]
Strength:

beautiful design and build. beautiful picture. good sound as is, but I'm now running audio through a HT setup. Decent remote, ergonomic, and intuitive.

none really. wish the connectors were in the middle of the set, instead of on the one side.

Was set to buy platinum plus, but got a rocking deal on the diamond.
Very happy with this television. Looked at Toshiba, Pioneer,
and Sony. The Mits had the brightest, sharpest picture.
Very clean, solid, cabinet; on good rollers.
Would definitely recommend.
If unable to swing the price, check out the platinum plus.

Similar Products Used: sony wega
Rome Right   Casual Listener [Jan 21, 2002]
Strength:

Top quality picture

Slight red push

This review is for the WS-65908

I have been very happy with this product. I have not run AVIA on it but I can tell the red push is only about in the +5 range. You can hardly notice it. If I didn't know that the problem existed with Mitsubishi's I would never have noticed at all.

The picture is crisp and clear. No complaints. In fact, I like the picture just as much as the Pioneer Elite.

I am currently running the following components:

Denon 2802 Receiver
Zenith DTV 1080 STB
Toshiba DVD (forgot model, non progressive :(
Sony VCR gold plus (forgot model)
Sony CD player (forgot model)
Cerwin Vega AT-12 Tower Speakers (Need 6.1 surround speaker upgrade )

I get a crystal clear picture on satellite with this TV. Even VCR is decent. Non progressive DVD picture is great.

The Zenith 1080 is a great piece to go with this TV. The line doubler in the Zenith and the stretch modes are great.

Albert Israel   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 09, 2002]
Strength:

Great picture, design

None, I can think of. However, the preset factory settings are not very good

This had the best picture, even with analog signals. With a progressive scan DVD player, this has the best picture (unless you want to spend 15000 and get a WD650000, which is just fantastic), that I have seen. Got a great deal from ABT.