Mitsubishi VS 50603 Rear Projection

Mitsubishi VS 50603 Rear Projection

DESCRIPTION

The AV-X Series of Big Screen TVs features both convenience and performance. Two-tuner advanced PIP (sizeable, moveable, still, exchange) allows viewing of two programs at the same time without using a VCR's tuner. High performance 7 CRTs and the Digital Dynamic comb filter greatly improve picture quality and the IRIS light sensor automatically adjusts sharpness and brightness to room lighting. Mitsubishi audio control is included for ease of use from a single remote.

USER REVIEWS

[Jul 11, 2016]
Mark Harrison
Audio Enthusiast

Just need replacement AC cord which was disconnected from TV by accident otherwise excellent durable product Highly pleased

OVERALL
[Nov 24, 2007]
Steve
Casual Listener

Strength:

Picture
PIP
Menu
TV Guide Plus
ease of use

limited remote control

I bougth The Mitsubishi VS 50603 back in December 1998. This was years before 9/11 and before HDTV. This was my first big screen experience. I hooked it up to a Mitsuibishi HIFI VCR and later a SONY DVD player. All were hooked up to a Sony Dolby Prologic Home theater.
It's now closing in on December, 2007, almost 9 years and never had a problem with this 50 inch set. I saw on my receipt that I had originally purchased a 3 year extended warranty from PC Richards for some $349 -but I remember the salesman telling me I can get a full refund for it if I don't want it after a year. I remembered and got a full refund in November 1999.
Set still plays as nice as it did when i first purchased it. Almost can't wait for it to fail because I'd love to replace it with a 50 inch SHARP Aquos.
Would love to hear how others have faired with this Mitsuibishi 50 inch Projection TV.
Steve