Hitachi 55FX48B Rear Projection

55FX48B

This 55FX48B has an Advance Single Tuner Picture-in-Picture with illuminated Genius universal remote control. It features Tri-Lingual icon on-screen display and 181 channel tuner with auto programming, closed caption decoder.

kingtute   AudioPhile [Jul 11, 2010]

this hitachi floor model was the best investment ever, very crisp pictur and sond .but just befor the world cup soccor ,tv went dead turn on no pictur, all i get is a click.so I WAS SO MAD SO i did not get a new tv. now I AM READY TO FIX IT ,AND i will .need help thouh

Mark Kowalewski   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 26, 2002]
Strength:

Good picture,very dependeble,user friendly

Cant think of any

After 5 years of use and no problems whatsowever I must say that my FX55 was a good invest. Very good picture when playing DVD's and DSS. I've heard bad stories from RCA,SONY,and PANASONIC owners but nothing bad to say here.
I would recomend this TV to anyone, however I don't think it can be bought new anymore.

Similar Products Used: None
Todd   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 13, 2002]
Strength:

picture, digital positioning array for aligning guns, great colour, can't comment on speakers as I use HT receiver to go through.

can get some pixelation on dark colours and grey/cloudy pics as well. The TV remote seems weak even though I use a Marantz RC2000-MkII for virtually all stuff. The changeover transition from Vid 1 to Vid 2 to DVD etc. is slow.

A great TV for the price, at the time it was one of the only big screens to have component video in which works great with the DVD. This TV combined with the satt. dish has a picture better than most TVs I have seen (tube or otherwise). The clarity is sometimes amazing. The odds of you finding a new one of these is highly remote as Hitachi went on to the Ultravision line soon after. Hitachi makes decents sets that compare to Sony and Toshiba but generally at a lesser price. Check them out.