Mirage Loudspeakers FRx Rear Surround Speakers

FRx Rear

Center Channel Speaker

Jeff Wood from Canada   AudioPhile [Nov 14, 2003]
Strength:

Mids and highs are excellent removeable grills

none that I can find

I bought these for rears and I have used them as front periodicaly. Excellent Mids and highs and even a little mid bass. Great little speakers for the price. I am a big fan of Mirage these days. They have some very nice inovative products.

Similar Products Used: You name it, I had it
mikepurc   Audio Enthusiast [Apr 17, 2002]
Strength:

Spacious sound field - they really fill the rear soundstage without being able to pinpoint exactly where the sounds are coming from.

Mounting is a little difficult as mentioned in other reviews. I had to fabricate a wood plate to adapt them to my ceiling mount brackets.

I''m in the process of changing all my speakers (except the sub) over to Mirage FRX. These were the first step. I''ve had them up for a few days and have been very impressed. They replaced some small Infinity surrounds, and made a big difference. The sound is much more spacious, and the rear effects have power where they didn''t before. I also experimented with them hooked up to the main channels (just to get a feel for their sound) and they sounded great. Not as much bass as my old Infinity Reference 1''s, but I didn''t expect that. Whitney Houston''s voice sounded exceptionally smooth on "I Have Nothing," against nice crisp (but not overly bright) brass, with nice imaging. Nice and clear piano on Ben Folds Five "One Angry Dwarf...". And they could hold their own when pushed loud with I Mother Earth''s "Not Quite Sonic," although the distorted guitars against pounding drums seemed just a bit muddled if I really cranked up the volume. I got mine in white, which I was a little worried about because these were a floor model, and the grills were moderately dirty and discolored. A few minutes soaking in the tub with some laundry detergent and light toothbrush scrubbing, followed by fresh water and a shop-vac to dry them, and they looked like new! Overall, I''m very happy with them so far. I can''t wait to get the rest of my system upgraded to FRX.

Similar Products Used: Infinity surrounds
OD   Audio Enthusiast [Mar 25, 2002]
Strength:

Clear and powerful.

Not yet.

Seamless. For easy installation remove the plate from one of the speakers and use it for a template.

Similar Products Used: PSB, Boston
Gregor   Audio Enthusiast [Oct 04, 2001]
Strength:

Bipolar setup increases surround presence

mounting system is tricky

I bought these because a friend of mine gets mirage speakers at cost. I've been very happy with their sound and would recommend them to anyone looking for some entry level surround speakers. The only gripe I have is that they use a 4 - screw mounting system which makes lining up all the wall screws difficult. Otherwise they're great!

MarkO   an Audio Enthusiast [Mar 07, 1999]

Very easy to setup require very little time to find the correct placement due to the fact they are bipolar (One 5/25 woffer two oposed tweeters) These are the newest addition to my complete Mirage H/T system and blend seamlessly with my system. Worth every penny :)

DiMora Diamond   Audiophile [Dec 03, 2001]
Strength:

Blends seamlessly with my Mirage FRX-7's
Matches my decor (white)

Grills are not firmly mounted
Seams show on wood construction

These integrate seamlessly with my Mirage FRX-7 tower speakers. They are Omnipolar, and the dual tweeters fill up the room with spacious realism. They were superior to the Klipsch and Boston Acoustics setups in the same price range that I tried at H-Fi-Buys.