Energy Speaker Systems RVSS Surround Speakers

RVSS

Dipole/Bipole Surround Speakers

WaltTanner   Audio Enthusiast [Oct 20, 2005]
Strength:

The sound envelops you, its great

White instead of black, missed the black ones that were for sale.

I have to agree that these speakers are great. Never had a pair of surrounds before, did not think they would make much difference,but boy was I wrong. It makes watching movies much better. I had Cerwin vega then Energy direct firing bookshelves before the surrounds.

Similar Products Used: Energy CR-3
C MP   Audio Enthusiast [Mar 04, 2000]
Strength:

Sound

Um...I had to drive 20 miles to get them?

I love these. I have never had bipole/dipole speakers until now and it makes a huge difference. I have energy
c-4's in the front, ac-300 center, and and energy 10 in. sub. I compared to other bi/dipoles and thought the energy sounded the best. They had good bass compared to the others and just sounded better. And of course they matched my other energy products well. The sound is so much better than front firing speakers, not because their is anything wrong with front firing but you can hear the source, but with these the speakers do not aim at your ear and the sound envelopes you. Great product.

Veda   an Audio Enthusiast [Dec 05, 1998]

For $350 new, a pair these makes a killer under $1K system when paired with the C2's and AC-300 CC. Why settle for the Paradigm Mini Monitor combo when you can get these for about the same price (minus sub). The RVSS has a dispersed sound that's full bodied; not too boomy but deep enough for HT. Built quality is also better than the Paradigms. It doesn't come in wood finish, but I don't see the point in having wood since 80% of the surface is covered with grill. Since this is a dipole/bipole speaker, placement is very crucial. Once I set them up correctly, they beat anything that I've heard under the $600 price range. Given the performance and street price, it deserves nothing less than 5 stars.
Associated Components:
Yamaha RX-V992 receiver
Audiostream CC-10 cables

anders   an Audio Enthusiast [Jul 09, 1999]

just bought the RVSS for my second pair surround speaker for my denon 5700...they sounds great. then my home theatre system are complete now

Harry   an Audio Enthusiast [Aug 05, 1999]

WOW. I had a pair of small EPI 4" 2-way speakers in the rear, and they sounded OK, but I thought I could do better now that I had upgraded to Dolby Digital with the HK AVR75 (dynamite receiver). I have a pair of Infinity Reference Studion Monitors in the front (12" 3-way, EMIT tweaters, Acoustic Suspension) with a makeshift center channel (2 Koss Dyna-Mites in Parallel -- Each has a 3/4"dome tweater flanked by 2 4.5" woofers -- very good!). No subwoofer (couldn't find one under $500 that outdid the 12"ers in the Infinity). Shopped around evaluating surround speakers from Infinity, Tannoy, Polk, BA, Klipsh, B&W, and Energy. The Energy eXL surrounds were good, but the RVSS's kicked butt. Very musical, superb midrange, slightly bright, and very acceptable bass for surrounds (sound best set in large mode). The difference in the system is night and day for movies, and a definite improvement for music. I don't have DTS yet, but evaluated them with DTS and was very impressed there, too. These are a best buy for any decent system where space is a consideration or wall-hanging speakers are preferred.

Bill   an Audio Enthusiast [Feb 16, 1999]

I am the proud owner of a pair of these beauties. I couldnt' be happier! They have excellent imaging, and handle all transitions with ease. I highly recommend them.

Andrew   Audio Enthusiast [May 24, 2000]
Strength:

envelopping sound, price and quality

none

I've owned two sets of these over the years and love them. Set up properly these will give all the direct cues 'normal' speakers can but still envelope you with fantastic surround sound.