Tannoy MSUB 10 Subwoofers

MSUB 10

Johnny Farm   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 23, 2005]
Strength:

Deep Bass. Very Musical. easy controls. Sounds. Construccion. Compact.

none for this price.

Excellent sub for the price. Very good performance for music and HT. Strong and deep bass.Thanks Tannoy ¡¡¡

Similar Products Used: B&W , jbl
Rene Bakker   Casual Listener [Feb 03, 2003]
Strength:

See my summary

The sub stands constantly on "Stand-by" and is hooked up to the sub-woofer connection of my AV Receiver. When the volume is low, the sub doesn't "wake up". Moreover, the sub falls asleep when first played at "a" level and after that the volume is turned down. A pity, while the sub adds its quality to the set at a rather low level.

Having bought a Marantz SR6200, a set of Tannoy M2 for the front, Tannoy M1 for surround, two MC-centre speakers, I thought the set was complete. Moreover, the appartment in which I try to life has wooden floors, so extra bass is not always an improvement. But I have to admit, especially when watching a DVD at a rather low level, the sub is really an improvement to the set. No cheap ghettoblaster-like chunky, headaching, loadnesslike farting beats, but a strong, powerfull package of extra deap hertzes. And the neighbours didn't complain...(yet)

Similar Products Used: n/a
Sander Veen   Audio Enthusiast [Oct 25, 2001]
Strength:

Very strong bass, deep bass, phase invert switch is very usefull in small rooms,

I'm thinking but I can't think of any weak points

I have to admit that this little subwoofer knocked me over with a hammer. It's low bass is really spacious, even better than the REL. With my Rotel installation, it brings quick bass reflex. It's amazing how such a cheap subwoofer give such high quality bass. Excellent Tannoy!

Similar Products Used: REL Q50
Claude "Rory" Rorabaugh   Audio Enthusiast [Mar 01, 2000]
Strength:

Absolutely fabulous sub for $500.00

Product lit was poorly written and photocopied for a $500 product.

I found a perfect musical sub woofer. I used the Radio Shack-Tandy-Optimus powered sub for 1/2 year, but it was not accurate or musical.

I shopped for months and looked at everything. It was a tough decision between the Paradigm and Tannoy. Tannoy won out, and it was $100 more expensive.

Similar Products Used: Tandy - Radio Shack 10" powered sub.
Rory Duncan   Audiophile [Nov 19, 1999]
Strength:

Absolutely everything

Only springclips for the speaker cable connections.

I actually work in a shop where we handle subwoofers that are far more expensive than this £250 bargain. Its got a 10inch bass driver, 150 watt in-built amp, black ash well built cabinet and very fast, punchy, articulate bass. I've tried to 'trip it up' with something like George Michaels 'Fastlove' and it refuses to let go. The bass is also phenomenenoly deep as well. It'll handle anything and I reckon that it'll beat anything up to £400 including the REL Q50. Ignore at your peril.

Similar Products Used: Yamaha Sw90, sw160, Technics Sw500
Rory Duncan   Audiophile [Oct 22, 2000]
Strength:

Well built, punchy, runs cool,doesn't 'fart'.

Not terribly deep bass, Fabric is starting to wear on (detachable) grill, only springclip terminals.

Thought I'd update my review below 10months down the line. It stays on for about 2hours a day now and I can confirm its fully run in and the rubber surround is really soft and supple. There is still a little detectable mains hum, but not as much as there was when new. The standby function is really good. Other than that, I'm afraid to say that my enthusiastic response as below as weathered a bit-the bass can be a bit wallowly, a little boomy, even though its an infinite baffle/closed box design and possibly not even as deep as the £300 Mission 7as1 even though the Tannoy thrashes it in every single other area. I would really only recommend this sub for movies. Its certainly not fast enough for dance music. Oh, and decent interconnects make a difference- I managed to get a hold of some gold plated OFC 5m leads-£15. They're called Procon 13 or something and you can get hold of them from www.bennettsonline.co.uk .Anything above that standard is waste however.
So, in summary, a phenomenaly good value sub as long as its JUST FOR MOVIES. For music, I think you'd have to think Rel q100e....

Similar Products Used: Yamaha sw90/45/160, Mission 7AS1(crap).