RBH Sound 1010-SEP Subwoofers

1010-SEP

Frequency Response: 21 Hz-180 Hz (+3dB), Drive Units: Two 10" Aluminum Cone Woofers, Crossover Frequency: 40 Hz - 180 Hz (variable), Amplifier Power: 350 Watts (continuous)

radicon   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 03, 2002]
Strength:

richness and depth of sound

subwoofer is big. difficult to hide

I purchased these speakers almost 2 years ago. I first read about these speakers online while I was researching new speakers for my home theater setup. I ended up purchasing these speakers sight unseen as I could not find a dealer in the entire DFW metroplex that even carried the signiture series. I could not have been happier. These speakers sound great!! The sound seperation, richness, depth and clarity is breathtaking. Friends have come over and commented on how good these speakers really sound. Listening to The Eagles, Hell Freezes Over DVD on DTS tells the whole story. Sit back, close your eyes and you will believe that you are there onstage. Not only do you hear the richness and depth of the music, but you will feel it as well. I have listened to Infinity, Bose, Monitor Audio, Polk, Kenwood, and Pioneer speakers before and since I have purchased these RBH speakers and they just do not compare. Speaker setup: Front: RBH 1044SE Center: RBH 441SE Rear: RBH 61SE Sub: RBH 1010 SEP Cables: BetterCables.com premium speaker wire

Similar Products Used: none
OVERALL
Al N   Audiophile [Nov 01, 2000]
Strength:

This unit has lots of output, great connection options and a defeatable crossover.
I have found it to be extremely listenable because unlike some of the "mega watt" subwoofers it does not lend itself to be tubby sounding.

This unit can be hard to balance with smaller or less efficient speakers due to an unusually high sensitivity in the gain control. It also is rather large and harder to place than some other subs.

I would highly recomend this subwoofer for an one who desires lots of output capability and still wants accurate reproduction of low frequencies.