Polk Audio PSW50 Subwoofers

PSW50

Seth Burwash   Audio Enthusiast [May 26, 2000]
Strength:

High Level of Refinement (both sound and construction), clean sound.

Price, Frequency Extension

Bought the PSW50 to compliment my Polk RT3's for a small sub/sat system. Was never dissappointed with the performance of the subwoofer. Although it would be nice if the sub had its own crossover frequency control (it is set at 120hz, non-changable), it blened well with the RT3's. The sound is way more refined than I had expected. Although it isn't the loudest sub out there, it definite filled my bedroom, and dorm room with clean bass. I enjoyed beating on the sub with various hip-hop tracks, rock and roll, and a blues riff now and then...it did it all, and did it quit well. Just recently I added it to a home theater system. Altough the volume is a little lacking, it has thrown out tremendously accurate sounds on explosions, gun-shots, and musical scores that comprise a big Hollywood film today. I have been very happy with this product.

OVERALL