Polk Audio DB 10 4ohm subwoofer Subwoofers

DB 10 4ohm subwoofer

10" auto subwoofer 4ohm

abe   Audio Enthusiast [Oct 08, 2010]

Its been 10 years since I purchased my 10" Polk Db, and its still rockin! I'd purchased it for my 1996 Ford Ranger and poor little truck's had the windshield replaced twice!! This sub rocks!!!

Kenny   Audio Enthusiast [Apr 04, 2002]
Strength:

Very, very quality sub. Hits low and smooth. Will make your chest pound in the car.

none

i just bought a 12" polk db sub with an mtx 400w rms amp @ 12v and I have to say this sub hiiiiits. I have never owned a sub that sounds this clear. The bass isn''t punchy like cheap subs, rather it flows very very low.

Similar Products Used: Pioneer 350w amp - cerwin vega, vega 12" sub
Tripp Wilson   Audiophile [May 19, 2000]
Strength:

It Knock's hard. These are the best 12' i have ever heard. They don't distort like other 12's do. I Got 3 12" db with a 1300 soundstream and its the hardest hittin car in town. Also the carry the best low note, and strong pump liner.

The dust cps aren't that stable, i have had to re silicon mine a couple of time, but it doesn't effect the sound.

If u run across some 12" Polk db's then buy them.. there the best sub u can get right now in opionion. I have 3 12" and 1300 soundstream, ansd it knocks hard. They just needed better sealin on the center cap.

Similar Products Used: jl 10's... just as clear
eric fink   Audiophile [Apr 17, 2000]
Strength:

tremmers everything, really gives off the very low freq.

doesnt really "punch"

i have two in my car that is in a small double 70 degree with a split in the middle of the box. you cant really hear my music too much from the outside of my car close up, the more you step away the better it gets. it thumps more instead of punches. you can feel the hair on the back of your neck constantly moving. i would buy the 12's if they still made them. this sub is good more for techno music than rap.

Similar Products Used: mtx t6000
Emil J. Hach   an Audiophile [Sep 22, 1999]

I don't get it. I have never had a Polk Audio product that did not exceed my expectations. My experience in listening to Polks has been nothing short of magical. I bought one of these db-10's to match my Polk db3065 component speakers. The db3065 has all of the imaging and clarity of my large living room Polks, however this subwoofer is a real dud. It is mounted in the recommended enclosure and who knows, maybe it is defective. I had such a problem trying to get a good sound out of this sub, that I was prompted to buy a new amplifier. This did not solve my problem. I ended up taking it to a car audio specialty shop where we hooked it up in the showroom. We A/B'd it with subs made by other manufacturers. It really was very dull in comparison. I will return it to where I bought it. I am suprised and disapointed.

Jesse   Audiophile [Jun 17, 2000]
Strength:

Pounding Bass, Extremely Loud and clear, and also very durable

None that i can think of

This product has been through a lot of torture being in my car, and even though they are over 2 years old, they still sound as clear as they did when they were brand new. They are extremely clear and are very, very loud.