Mirage Loudspeakers BPSS-150i Subwoofers

BPSS-150i

Bi-polar Subwoofer

Richard   Audio Enthusiast [Sep 03, 2000]
Strength:

Superb subwoofer for both Music and Home Theatre

None so far

WOW, what a sub this is. Over the lat couple of months I have been running both Music and DVD's through it and have been constantly impressed with how tight and low the bass is. I was originally going to purchase the REL Strata III, but after auditioning the Mirage, I decided it was the sub for me. Now I know you can gert a sub that goes louder than this one, but I don't live in an Auditorium, so the Mirage is definately loud enough for home use. So the upshot of all this is if your looking for a great Sub at a great price, then demo the Mirage.

Similar Products Used: None
Ethan   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 22, 1999]
Strength:

Looks beautiful, sounds even better

volume, but who cares? Only a fool would want louder bass than this sub can handle.

Wow. I could not be happier with this product. I went through a very extensive trial process before buying this sub and it was certainly worth my time. The two 8 inch woofers are extremely tight and play impressively low. Although it cost me $600, I highly suggest this to anyone considering a subwoofer. I was initially looking in the $400 range but, once I heard this thing, I just had to have it. If you are looking for a loud booming box, go elsewhere. This Mirage can handle movies splendidly, but really excels at producing smooth, accurate music. The polished wood finish nicely compliments the gorgeous sound.

Similar Products Used: BA VR500, Definitive ProSub, Klipsch, JBL, Infinity, Velodyne, Mission, CSW, B&W ASW2000
JAY   Audio Enthusiast [Feb 13, 2001]
Strength:

DEPTH OF BASE

NONE

WHEN I WAS PURCHASING MY HOME THEATER STUFF I WAS REALLY SOLD ON THE VELODYNES BUT FOR A 1000.00 LESS YOU CANT GET EQUAL QUALITY FOR THIS PRICE. BEAUTIFUL CABINET TOO!IN A 65 X 23 ROOM MY WINDOWS SHAKE . SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF MY KIDS THEY THOUGHT A JET WAS LANDING. VERY GOOD POWER. WHEN DINO INJURRASIC PARK DROPS TO THE GROUND THERE IS QUITE THE THUNDER. MY DENON 3801 DOES A GREAT JOB KEEPING IT IN LINE. I CANT SEE WANTING ANYTHING WITH MORE RUMBLE UNLESS MAYBE YOUR A HONDA

Josh   an Audiophile [Apr 18, 1999]

I auditioned over twenty different brands of subwoofer in the $1500 to $2000 price range; including Velodyne, M&K and countless others. None of them produced such deep powerful distortion free bass as the Mirage did. No other subwoofer blended so seemlesly into my system. The BPSS-150i just disappeard into a perfect soundstage. I listen to a lot of audio and home theatre and so required a sub that was both musical and still had plenty of attack and impact for home theatre. The Mirage satisified.If you desire powerful deep clean bass which blends perfectly into your system then I strongly encourage you to audition a Mirage. Its pure Vanilla.
I have ordered a second one. :)