Klipsch RW-12d Subwoofers

RW-12d

Capturing all the sonic excitement of low-frequency effects, the Reference Series RW-12d Digitally Controlled Subwoofer (DCSâ„¢) delivers rock-solid performances. With its class-leading technology and superior design, this hard-hitter perfectly rounds out a home theater or two-channel stereo music system.

Features
12-inch front-firing Cerametallicâ„¢ woofer
340-watt RMS amplifier
Digital user-interface
IR sensor

GregTaylor   Casual Listener [Jan 23, 2012]

The internal power supply has gone out, probably because I left it on all the time. I'm looking to replace or repair the main circuit board PN#A308130011 Model RW12D 120V....Thanks...Greg

DG   Casual Listener [Aug 23, 2008]
Strength:

Cool blue lcd

You pay extra for the lcd - Klipsch has lowered the quality of the RW series to accomodate the fancy lcd and digital controls.

An absolute disappoiintment.

Switching to the RW-12D from the Rw-10 was a total disaster. The rw-12d does certainly have more power and a stronger driver but fails miserably on the enclosure.

I have owned both the RW-10 and the RW-12 (the previous RW series) and was very happy with them.

One knock on the wood of the RW-12d and the truth comes out. The RW10 that I had sounded like "thuk" whereas knocking on the rw-12d made more like a "tok" sound- The 12D was framed in a cheap, hollow box and the wood seemed far thinner. I would'nt be surprised if the box starts to rattle after a year or so of use.

The sub can certainly shake windows and bring wall murals down, but it simply cannot do justice to nuances- harmonic distortion is way overboard compared to it's predecessors.

I am going to get rid of this junk and get myself a supercube instead.

DonMuzic   Audio Enthusiast [Feb 21, 2008]
Strength:

great punch, solid warm bass, will not a problem vibrating the house. Great for any set-up. Can recall settings and turn up the volume easily from the digital contral panel on top. Have a great modern look about about with the copper woofer.

none

I purchased this SUB at a great store what an experience. I listened to several SUBs, and this SUB was by far the best I heard, for that price range. I have the SUB in a fairly larger area, and I tell you, it holds its own. You can take your house off of its foundation with this piece of hardware. Solid construction, it weighs approximately fifty pounds. I have not brought out the best in this sub yet; I am satisfied with the basic settings I have for Music and movies for now. These are settings you can recall. It is easy to turn up the volume from the blue digital display on top. I have it matched with the RF-62, RC52 and four RS-42. Highly recommend!

Mani-aX   AudioPhile [Nov 13, 2007]
Strength:

Digital display allows various sound preferences.
Can shake the windows and walls with ease.

Would recommend only for rooms small to medium, if you have a large listening area, the sub will be drowned out.

After doing weeks of research and listening to different subs in the BIG BOX STORES "circuit city, best buy"... I finally got around to visiting a "true" Home Theater Retail store... and saw many of the big name subwoofers. I listened to many of them and decided to buy the rw-12d and haven't thought twice about it since. i love this sub! I have a set of RF-7's, RC-62, and a set of RS-52 surrounds. this sub really does sound great with the mix of it all!

Customer Service