Kenwood 1050SW Subwoofers

1050SW

Subwoofer

Phillip EL Paso TX   Audio Enthusiast [Mar 31, 2008]
Strength:

deep bass welll ported

It is set on music and not cenima Sorry Movie mode and so it cuts out in the middle of movies and the good part *** HELP *****

I Love it

Customer Service

I Need a remote 1050 sw powered subwoofer

Similar Products Used: several
Mike   Casual Listener [Aug 11, 2000]
Strength:

Remote is useful

lights went out for selecting movie or music, And if it has'nt been used for awhile I have to turn it on and off a few times to get it to stay on. I would like it more if it did'nt have this problem.

It sounds great when you get it adjusted right with your main speakers. It's makes the siding on the outside of my house rattle.

matt   Audiophile [Dec 13, 1999]
Strength:

great for beginners, all around good features, remote makes it a great little sub

not as tight as it should be but for the price it's expected. Better woofer would have helped a bit

Good deep sound most of the time, not earth shattering but give's needded and ample bass to most living room s and bedrooms. Remote is something i bought this for but the sound is something i was amazed by. I didn't expect it to perform well but it played the lows pretty good.

Similar Products Used: profile rms 1200
and AR -1800
mark   Audio Enthusiast [Oct 18, 2000]
Strength:

more than adequate bass for small to medium size rooms. remote is actually user friendly. solid build.

can be boomy on some tracks (music & movie). variable crossover on rear of unit, should be on front.

I am a realitivly new home theater convert (2.5 yrs) and was looking for my first subwoofer and not having a great deal of cash the price of 179.00 was the first attraction the price. However when I got home and my wife asked "What in the world have you bought now?" I was worried that there might be heck to pay. Nonetheless I hooked it up and put a movie in the VCR to check it out, the movie happened to be the scene in "Patroit Games" with the thunder storm. When the thunder boomed through the Sub even my wife said "WOW!!" I have listened to other subs since my purchase some costing more and some less. It compares favorably with subs that cost 300-500. I am sure that the high end stuff would blow it out of the water.. or would they

Similar Products Used: none
Junior   Audiophile [May 01, 2000]
Strength:

Remote is very nice. The amp has plenty of power to spare.(Nice) The port is big. Huge ass box

The woofer is a piece of crap. Port noise but the port is fixable because the port is huge.(use sand paper)

This sub is a good value. The amp is awsome. The sub is a piece of ass. I replaced the woofer after one week. I put in a 12" Sony ES car audio sub. It sounded alot better. But I was still wanting more bass. I purchased a 15" MTX 4000 and built a sealed box for it. I am useing the kenwood amp to power it and it is very loud. I measured 92 dB at 20-hertz. That is awsome for a price of only around $350.

Similar Products Used: SW103
Dave   Audio Enthusiast [Mar 17, 2000]
Strength:

Remote,Narrow cabinet makes it easier to place

Boomey,woofer bottoms out.

Bought this sub for $200.00 all I could afford at the time. Since then I have changed the driver to a Shiva 12" woofer sealed off the port and stuffed the cabinet with 24ozs of polyfill. Now this is an awesome sub, best $125.00 I ever spent(for new woofer)Iwas ready to sell it for whatever I could get for it, now its a keeper.

evr   an Audio Enthusiast [Jun 07, 1999]

Great sub... when well tuned it rocks! Heck i just bought it today and while setting it up i needed to have it with the volume as high as possible and my sister came running out thinking it was an earthquake hehe.. Great product Kenwood!

Pooh   an Audiophile [Apr 30, 1999]

Karl,Where did you buy your Kenwood 1050SW for 249?

Thanks,

Pooh

Kevin   an Audio Enthusiast [Jul 15, 1999]

I love my music and movies, but I do not claim to be a audiophile. Once tuned this sub I think does a great job with movies and does a good job with music. There are better subs, but in the price range, you should not turn it down. For the previous poster, I got mine at the kenwood outlet in Santa Fe Springs, ca. But you can find it for that price other places to. Oh yeah I paid $249.

voldad   Audio Enthusiast [Dec 04, 1999]
Strength:

Remote control, phase switch, switchable music/movie modes, all controls on front panels

extremely large cabinet

Great subwoofer value-paid $199 for it about 10 months ago. Can be a bit on the booming side at times, but remote control allows for quick correction. This is last year's model, but you may still be able to find it at an outlet store. GREAT BANG FOR THE BUCK!!!!!