KEF PSW 2000 Subwoofers

PSW 2000

A discreet minimalist cube housing a high efficiency 250 Watt amp driving a 210mm (8") down-firing woofer, PSW 2000 packs the extended bass punch you need to feel the full impact of movie special effects. From the gold plated terminals to the bevel-edged glass top, the detailing is immaculate - and when you listen, that's exactly how it sounds.

Old School Audiophile   AudioPhile [Sep 10, 2017]

A very good product , never had problems with it . There are some people around saying that the internal amplifier died after 2 years... GENTLEMEN, if you keep any electronic device 24 h / day under working stress ( being pluged to 220 V ) , it's quite normal for the lifetime to be DRASTICALY reduced... Keep your TV to work 24 h every day and he won't reach 2 years... I have the Kef PSW2000 sub for more than 12 years and he works like day 1 since I bought it new but when I finished listening music or watched a movie or 2 or 3 ,etc , I switched the OFF button . It's normal. Even us , "intelligent" people can't work 24 h / day ... are we ?
So , congratulations KEF !

JIm   Casual Listener [Jan 13, 2011]

After two years, the amp in the sub died. Replacement parts were almost as expensive as buying a new sub woofer.

Nelson Vandal   AudioPhile [Sep 26, 2010]

Doesn't go very low. It's (erronously) tuned to 57 Hz and doesn't go much lower than that. It gives the impression of only playing one note. The amp is a seriously bad design since most of the PSW 2000's seems to have died. I bought a dead one dirt cheap and fixed it myself. Since it's made of thin MDF (14 mm) one has to stabilize the box with cross-braces. I plugged one of the vents, and now it's tuned to 47 Hz. That's more like it. Now it can play more than one note.