Athena Technologies AS-P400 Subwoofers

• Anti-Clip Circuitry
  • MOSFET Amplifier
  • 300 watts peak power - 100 watts continuous

ChrisY   Casual Listener [Feb 13, 2006]
Strength:

Punchy tight bass

Zero

I recently got this sub but thought I would spend some time with it before posting a review.After 50 hours of breaking in I decided to see what this baby could really do and boy was I in for a surprise! This sub is absolutely incredible,the bass is punchy and tight without any boominess.This sub is truly awesome as a review in audioholics indicated and I am truly pleased at the way this sub assist in bringing out the best in my movie watching and music listening experiences.

Similar Products Used: Many
JoelV   AudioPhile [Feb 13, 2006]
Strength:

Cheap, loud, easy to hook up, flexible.

Not particularly powerful-sounding. Loud, but not authoritative. Easy to locate when listening (again, crossed over at 120Hz anyway). A little boomy.

This was used via the high-level (speaker cable) ins/outs and with the crossover set at 100-120Hz only. I bought it to mate with my new Gallo Micros (LF limit is 110Hz) in a 15'x12' apartment living room. Under these conditions, this was not a good match. The sub was a bit boomy in the upper bass, and always very easy to localize. It could play very loudly, but didn't seem all that powerful. I replaced it with the older, passive Gallo sub and have been much happier since.

Similar Products Used: Gallo Passive Subwoofer,
Dmax   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 21, 2005]
Strength:

Powerful bass! This sub is truly a gem and one of the most attractive subs i've ever seen anywhere.

Absolutely none!

Spotted this sub while looking for a receiver.Came out with the receiver I desired and with this absolutely amazing sub.I really like my Polk psw350 sub thats really been good to me in my small to medium sized bedroom for a few years.The Athena sub outshines the Polk in everyway , looks and powerful,powerful clean bass.Oh and Athenas sister companies are Mirage and Energy Speakers.Awesome!!!!!!!!

Similar Products Used: Polk psw350,Infinity ,Hsu,Paradigm and Mirage.