NHT IW3 Inwall Speakers

IW3

The iW3 takes NHT's new 3-way in-wall design to the limit. The iW3 features an aluminum 6.5" long-throw woofer and two aluminum 1.25" midrange drivers plus an aluminum 3/4" tweeter. It combines the same broad dispersion and pristine midrange response as the iW2 with higher output and even lower distortion. All iW series in-wallspeakers are moisture resistant allowing placement in areas of high humidity. The iW3 is ideal for home theater and other critical listening room installations.

Zack Van   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 10, 2008]
Strength:

Everything

None

I decided to go for inwall speakers for my last reno and after reading the reviews on here I decided to go with NHT IW3's. I remember I had heard a pair of their towers where I bought my tv and they sounded really nice.
I used acoustical sound battons and framed 2X6 horizontal braces between the studs about 8 Inches above and below the cut out. I also pl premium'd and floor screwed the crap out of the enclosers as well.
I have to say it was all worth it. These speakers are hands down some of the best speakers I have ever owned and heard. Best bang for your buck on this planet.

pellet333   Casual Listener [Feb 05, 2007]

If you are looking for great speakers at a great price, check out Acoustic Sound Design on the web. Not only did they have a great selection, the price was right and the customer service was second to none. You even can discounts if you buy multiple items.

pellet33   Casual Listener [Feb 05, 2007]

First time buying with www.acousticsounddesign.com, and the experience was awesome. I bought a pair of NHT IW3s and an NHT IW4 speaker. Very excited about them all! The customer service and prompt shipment from www.acousticsounddesign.com was second to none!

Cam Schuemann   Casual Listener [Jan 08, 2007]

I recently purchased a pair of new NHT iW3 In Wall Speakers for $250.00 from Acoustic Sound Design (www.acousticsounddesign.com). The price I paid for the pair was significantly lower than what my local audio store was asking for the same speakers, $400 for one iW3. I have not found a better price for such quality speakers. I use them for my rear surround sound and am nothing but impressed in the clarity and performance. I also found the speakers’ installation features were fool proof. My wife loves that they are barely noticeable in our walls and I love that I have great sounding speakers for an unbeatable price.

twigman   Casual Listener [May 31, 2006]
Strength:

Power, ease of installation, great full sound and they look good too.

None really. I guess they could come with some sort of backing or backfill type of material for the inwall installation. I just stuffed the space full of insullation.

Top notch in-wall speakers that don't lose performance because of being in-wall. And for the price, you can't beat them.

Also, the price paid above is for 5 speakers, not a pair. And that includes delivery!

Customer Service

Mike at www.acousticsounddesign.com was very helpful and always prompt in his responses to my questions. Great job Mike. Will be using www.acousticsounddesign.com for future purchases and will refer friends to them.

Similar Products Used: B&W CMW Cinema Series, Niles AT8000
jbergerson   Casual Listener [Aug 03, 2005]
Strength:

Too soon to list.

Too soon to list.

I'm redoing a house, and I chose these speakers with the help of Mike @ Acoustic Sound Design. He had a great price on these, and I purchased several pairs for several rooms throughout house. I haven't made whole system go live yet, as I'm not in the house yet, but www.acousticsounddesign.com was GREAT to work with, and service was EXCELLENT!

Similar Products Used: In-ceiling speakers from NHT.