• Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
  • Upmix technology

USER REVIEWS

Showing 1-1 of 1  
[Apr 22, 2006]
SP
AudioPhile

Strength:

Loud and decent hifi music quality for the price. Bass range is more than adequate for general listening and DVDs.

Weakness:

Underpowered surround channels make them useless for home theatre.

Moved house and wanting some cheap n dirty speakers to tie me over til I built my own home theatre system speaker and amps - so got myself a set of creative T7900s. Having been used to using studio monitors (KRK, Spirit, Tannoy, Mackie) I had never thought of dabbling in computer speakers. I must admit I'm a audio musician rather than a hifi-audiophile. But I thought that even computer speakers would at least suffice for my home theatre/hifi needs. After installing the T7900s into my small apartment they did fine for music as the mains, centre and sub were sufficiently powered. DVDs however, were another matter and a big dissapointment. The sourrounds are simply too underpowered to be effective surround speakers. You need to have them right next to you to get any effect at all. Considering these are marketed for home theatre as well as computer speakers I was rather dissapointed. Sound quality is as you'd expect from typical computer speakers. For general music listening it's fine and the bass is loud if a tad sloppy. The mains and centre speakers use metal tweeters and you hear it in the harsh sounding treble. "You get what you pay for" is the moral and if you're looking for home theatre on the cheap in a room that is larger than a toilet then best to look elsewhere and pay more. P.S. I've subsequently read nothing but praise about the Gigaworks S750 7.1 system also from Creative - maybe they're the solution for home theatre on the cheap with decent quality at three and a half times the price of the T7900s.

Customer Service

Terrible, simply and utterly sh*t.

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
Showing 1-1 of 1  

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.

audioreview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network:

mtbr.com | roadbikereview.com | carreview.com | photographyreview.com | audioreview.com