Wharfedale Diamond VI Floorstanding Speakers

Diamond VI

Bass reflex 5 3/8in woofer, 5/8in tweeter

Aaron Martin   Audio Enthusiast [Jun 17, 2001]
Strength:

great highs, good base as well

none that i can find yet

these are wonderful little speakers, i am very very impressed with them, i am using them as my rear speakers and somehow feel like i am not doing them justice, they are joined by a pair of wharfedale valdus 400's.

great speakers, go out and buy some!

Jon Schmidt   an Audio Enthusiast [May 24, 1997]

I purchased a set of 4 of these tried-and-true studio monitors from the Audio Advisor on the East Coast a couple of months ago. They are currently closing them out at $150.00/pair. I use these speakers with a JBL G-Sub 10" sub-woofer and I couldn't be happier with them. They do a great job in faithfully reproducing the delicate highs of jazz and classical. Very crisp and clear. They are very efficient as well. The workmanship is good and the drivers/crossovers are well designed. They have the classic European deep cabinets and are ported in front. They reproduce well from very low to fairly high levels. I do not listen to hard rock and I don't think these speakers will do very well with that type of music. Highly recommended!

Mike Jarve   an Audio Enthusiast [Apr 07, 1999]

I have the Diamond 6R, and it is a terrific speaker, I can't think of much better in the $250/pair price range. Mine are rated for 100 watts programme, but they have no trouble handling my 185 watt/chan Marantz receiver. Clear mid-range, tight bass, but small coulourations and slightly on the bright side when used with a neutral amp. They are to die for as monopole surrounds in my Dolby Digital setup. I have MANY other speakers ranging in price from a few hundered to 3 kilo-bucks and I would have to say that these were the biggest value.

Seth Parker   a Casual Listener [Oct 30, 1997]

I have an older pair (diamond v?) since 1992 (or so) and they are terrific little speakers, great value for money (typically British). Clear, some coloration, best in small rooms and near the corners (for bass reinforcement). Does anyone have suggestions for mating these gems (pun intended) with subwoofers? I don't want to overwhelm them with a huge subwoofer. What crossover works best? These would rate 5 stars if value was a criteria.

jackie   an Audio Enthusiast [Oct 18, 1997]

when i had recently purchased the diamond 6 speakers from wharfedale i was very happy about my purchase. these speakers sounded excellent in my cramped little dorm room. the lows and highs were crisp and the bass was as punchy as tyson. overall these speakers were a steal. good thing i stole them.