Technics SB-T300 Floorstanding Speakers

SB-T300

This speaker is designed for Stereo and Home-theater Audio Component systems. A leaf-style Tweeter augments the usual dome high-range Driver to deliver clear upper-frequency performance that compliment the extended range that DVD delivers.

Mike Keenan   Casual Listener [Aug 21, 2015]

To the "gentleman" who left his review of the 300s. you are a fantastic individual to go out of your way while not. . . . owning. . . . these speakers. noticed you left out that you "auditioned" them on a realistic amp with bad wiring... and possibly ear wax en mass due to poor hygiene.
I have the 100s 200s and 300s. and can attest to the incredible authenticity and dynamic range of this line of speakers. While unlike you... I don't have a PhD in "hey look at me" I have enjoyed these for years... snobby dickwads need not apply to the "audition". your critique lacked the core understanding of useful listening and simply is useless. For the price there is nothing, at all, that compares. Good luck fellah... I think you're one lonely person desperate for attention. well here's some... goof.

ag2003   Casual Listener [Dec 22, 2003]
Strength:

Has the look of good speakers. Inexpensive (er... cheap).

Overall a bad speaker, Highs - shrill Bass - muffled

I don't or wish to own this product, but I recall my gut reaction when I auditioned this "speaker" and models similar to it made by Technics. I'm placing this review to let people know that there are bad systems out there (esp in speakers), and would-be audio enthusiasts should stay clear from them. I dont recommend the SB/T300 and neither do I recommend its sibling, the SB/T200. These speakers have a similar look and form factor to models by Klipsch and Paradigm, but that's where the comparison ends. These speakers are just plain LACKING. All one hears in these duds are the mids. The bass is muffled and the highs are shrill.

Similar Products Used: Nothing similar to these bad boys (and I mean baaaad),
mikex   AudioPhile [Aug 16, 2002]
Strength:

Price, bi-amped, clear highs, solid bass.

Woofers bottom out at very high levels.

The only user I can imagine needing higher frequencies is maybe a bat. I scoped the speaker when I first got them and they are incredibly flat at the way to 30KHz, the range of my scope. Highs are crisp and clear. Bass is incredible for these 5.5" drivers, I find myself turning off the sub on high bass music. I would put these speakers up against any speaker at 5 times it's price.

Similar Products Used: Bose, C.V., Pioneer, Sony ES.
DAVID BUTLER   Audio Enthusiast [Oct 18, 2001]
Strength:

GOOD BASS AND UPPERCLARITY IN TWEETER.

MAYBE SIZE.

IT'S A VERY GOOD SPEAKER WITH EXCELLENT BASS PLAYBACK AND THE TWEETER REACTS VERY GOOD ESPECIALLY WHEN PLAYED FROM DVD SOURCE.SOME PEOPLE MAY FIND A PROBLEM WITH THE SPEAKER'S SIZE AS IT TAKES UP SIZE.