Technics SB-T300 Floorstanding Speakers

Technics SB-T300 Floorstanding Speakers 

DESCRIPTION

This speaker is designed for Stereo and Home-theater Audio Component systems. A leaf-style Tweeter augments the usual dome high-range Driver to deliver clear upper-frequency performance that compliment the extended range that DVD delivers.

USER REVIEWS

Showing 1-6 of 6  
[Sep 11, 2020]
anEARthatHEARS

Strength:

True 30Hz to 30kHz response, spec'd to 70kHz, have them set up with a Martin Logan sub to give the low frequencies some help although not really needed for music, it does help with soundtracks. As with most of the high end Technics items, fools and posers, like those two below, haven't a clue what they are seeing/hearing. A consumer brand that consistently delivers some exceptional equipment to keep us budget limited but critical listeners happy. Having owned many exceptional speakers in the past, including my favourite Kef 104.2 Reference Series, I can assure you that these speakers will not disappoint and at a price point that will seem like a steal should a pair cross your path.

Weakness:

Real wood veneer as opposed to a wood grain finish would be nice however, that would just bump the price up without improving the sound. This was the last year Technics was available in Canada other than for turntables until their recent reentry into the ultra high end audio market. Used pairs will be hard to find. A 200 wpc amp is required to make them sing, high volumes with underpowered systems will fry your tweeters, don't be afraid to drive them with real power.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
Used  
Model Year:
OVERALL
RATING
[Aug 21, 2015]
Mike Keenan
Casual Listener

To the "gentleman" who left his review of the 300s. you are a fantastic individual to go out of your way while not. . . . owning. . . . these speakers. noticed you left out that you "auditioned" them on a realistic amp with bad wiring... and possibly ear wax en mass due to poor hygiene.
I have the 100s 200s and 300s. and can attest to the incredible authenticity and dynamic range of this line of speakers. While unlike you... I don't have a PhD in "hey look at me" I have enjoyed these for years... snobby dickwads need not apply to the "audition". your critique lacked the core understanding of useful listening and simply is useless. For the price there is nothing, at all, that compares. Good luck fellah... I think you're one lonely person desperate for attention. well here's some... goof.

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Dec 22, 2003]
ag2003
Casual Listener

Strength:

Has the look of good speakers. Inexpensive (er... cheap).

Weakness:

Overall a bad speaker, Highs - shrill Bass - muffled

I don't or wish to own this product, but I recall my gut reaction when I auditioned this "speaker" and models similar to it made by Technics. I'm placing this review to let people know that there are bad systems out there (esp in speakers), and would-be audio enthusiasts should stay clear from them. I dont recommend the SB/T300 and neither do I recommend its sibling, the SB/T200. These speakers have a similar look and form factor to models by Klipsch and Paradigm, but that's where the comparison ends. These speakers are just plain LACKING. All one hears in these duds are the mids. The bass is muffled and the highs are shrill.

Similar Products Used:

Nothing similar to these bad boys (and I mean baaaad),

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Aug 16, 2002]
mikex
AudioPhile

Strength:

Price, bi-amped, clear highs, solid bass.

Weakness:

Woofers bottom out at very high levels.

The only user I can imagine needing higher frequencies is maybe a bat. I scoped the speaker when I first got them and they are incredibly flat at the way to 30KHz, the range of my scope. Highs are crisp and clear. Bass is incredible for these 5.5" drivers, I find myself turning off the sub on high bass music. I would put these speakers up against any speaker at 5 times it's price.

Similar Products Used:

Bose, C.V., Pioneer, Sony ES.

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Oct 18, 2001]
DAVID BUTLER
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

GOOD BASS AND UPPERCLARITY IN TWEETER.

Weakness:

MAYBE SIZE.

IT'S A VERY GOOD SPEAKER WITH EXCELLENT BASS PLAYBACK AND THE TWEETER REACTS VERY GOOD ESPECIALLY WHEN PLAYED FROM DVD SOURCE.SOME PEOPLE MAY FIND A PROBLEM WITH THE SPEAKER'S SIZE AS IT TAKES UP SIZE.

Similar Products Used:

SONY AND RCA SPEAKERS

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Aug 09, 2001]
colin twerdocleb
Audiophile

Strength:

bass, speaker

Weakness:

highs, tweeter sucks
its sounds beter to rig the rib tweeter to the dome tweet

these speakers are good fr money but dont let them fool u with size
fr the average joe these speakers r very good but i have grown out of them and want better
i have allready replaced the tweeter so it hits higher freq

Similar Products Used:

energy, acoustics

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
Showing 1-6 of 6  

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.

audioreview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network:

mtbr.com | roadbikereview.com | carreview.com | photographyreview.com | audioreview.com