Spendor S6-e Floorstanding Speakers

• 27mm coated fabric dome, damped vented enclosure
  • Sensitivity for 1W @ 1m 88dB
  • Impedance nominal 8 ohms

Fabio   AudioPhile [Mar 05, 2008]
Strength:

Imaging , vocals , perfect instrumentals

this requires very good electronics and cables to give the great Spendor sound !

I listened several speakers before this : ProAc , B&W , Tannoy , Monitor Audio Studio 20 , Avalon , but never never like this !

I think that this can be one of the best speakers range never producted . Real and open suond , great soundstage , clear and uncoloured music . Correct and transparent but this requires a great product ( electronics and cables ) to sound well . Bad electronics kill his quality . so YBA electronics is right to sound with .

Similar Products Used: YBA Concerto , Rogers LS 6 .
OVERALL
faevdad   Audio Enthusiast [Sep 29, 2005]
Strength:

Vocals, imaging, cabinet finish, coherence

complex rock

I spent a long time listening to many different speakers. One day had a chance to hear the S6e at a local dealer. I was immediately impressed but the famous mid range and how well matched the two drivers were. Even close up it is very hard to discriminate between the tweeter and mid. I use it for stereo and HT, plenty of bass for both. I can not say enough about how well vocals are reproduced. Imaging is excellent. No trouble with volume and distortion at all. Can be put close to wall but found it does affect imaging. Cabinet finish is furniture quality with small footprint. Not particularly well suited for rock. Cabinet is on the small side so tweeter is not at normal ear height even with spikes fully extended. I had to angle cabinet to compensate. I still bring in other speakers to compare and I continue to go back to these. A great speaker I have yet to find anything I would prefer instead. I have heard all the speakers in the S line and think this is the best.

Similar Products Used: aeriel 7, totem florrstanders, b&w 704, CM4, Def Tech, boston, vienna
OVERALL