Rega Naos Floorstanding Speakers

Naos

The Naos is a quarter wave transmission line loudspeaker design ideally suited to the larger room. It presents an easy load to the amplifier and can be comfortably driven by the Rega Brio. The Naos will most likely be used with higher powered amplifiers such as the Cursa/Maia combination where it will excel with its exceptionally extended low frequency response, and its ability to play all music at quiet or very loud volumes.

tehuti   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 15, 2005]
Strength:

BASS! High end sound and build quality Very good with music.

Kinda boxy, so it's not the prettiest speaker in the world.

The Rega Naos is an awesome speaker. I use it for for my HT fronts. The most impressive aspect of these speakers is the bass. The transmission line design is incredible. At first, I didn't believe that a single 8" woofer in each speaker would go down flat to 25 Hz. Now it seems like I have an extra subwoofer in the front stage. They also sound very good with music, if fed with the right components. These speakers are clearly designed for larger rooms, so if you have a small or medium size room, you may not realize the full potential of the speaker.

Similar Products Used: Polk Lsi series, Ascend Acoustics
OVERALL
DallasEars   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 08, 2003]
Strength:

separation, clarity, imaging

none yet.. perhaps not warm and enveloping, but not an issue for me

I am quite impressed with these speakers! I wasnt sure what to expect.. the whole 'quarter wave transmission line' thing.. but hey.. it works.. beautiful imaging. exquisite clarity. this is just the first review of this speaker, I just got them today, and I'm still new at audiophile vocabulary. But anyone should definitely audition these if given the chance, bass is clean precise and proper. Mids and highs beautifully balanced and precise. First heard these on an Rega Mira 3. using them myself with a jolida 801 tube amp