Pioneer CS-G203 Floorstanding Speakers

CS-G203

Rhett   AudioPhile [Jun 23, 2015]

I picked up these speakers for $18 dollars which was an amazing deal! These speakers can really sound great if used with a vintage receiver! I have them hooked up to an old JCPenny stereo receiver. The soundstage is wide enough for what they are made for. This speakers are very good boomers! These speakers are boomy with sharp highs. If your into booming Pop music, then these are the perfect speakers. If your into Classic music, you might want to stay away from these. Overall, these speakers handle Pop and Rock very well. These speakers can put life into a party!

justiceleague   Audio Enthusiast [Jul 02, 2010]

Best Speakers I ever purchased. I bought mine brand new for about $350 and never had a problem. I use to host house parties and these would be rocking the house all by themselves. I had a few offers to buy them from me, but I'm not selling......... atleast not until I find a floor pair that that rocks better for the price.

I have a feeling if you keep these in great condition, they'll be a collectors item

albert allen wright   Casual Listener [Jun 10, 2010]

very good speakers...bought them at a flea market for only 20$ for the set bout 2 yrs ago and i have never had a problem yet. i have them hooked up to an amp and they sit in my living room next to my 46 inch lcd sharp aquos tv. they look nice. i listen to my music very loud and they perform great. i have had my friends compliment me on there looks and sound many times.....very pleased.

n2dabraves   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 31, 2010]

For the money, they can't be beat. what do you expect it says "pioneer"

Big j   AudioPhile [Apr 18, 2006]
Strength:

A real boomy bass witch I like. I got mine for $20 so i couldent give up the deal.

The Tweeters arnt as good either is the mid range, sound bad when turned up loud.

I use these for the main speakers for my bedroom. they have a boomy bass but the mids are all right and the tweeters suck badly. The woofers shake everything in my room. i have a JVC 460 for the system i have 180watts going to each one so if i turn them up too loud they will start to make a cracky noise.

Similar Products Used: 2, 8" KLH
mrkrimpet   Audio Enthusiast [Aug 11, 2002]
Strength:

Good mids Very good bass

Tinny highs

Hey, what do you expect for $100 speakers? I've had these for about 12 years now and they're just starting to blow out. I had these speakers in my room for a long time before i moved them to the concrete & tile floored basement. I then wondered what happened to the bass?? Bottom line is, get these speakers off the floor and you'll get pretty good bass response.

Joey Voyard   an Audiophile [Sep 22, 1998]

I purchased these set of speakers for only $119.99 which was a fair price. However, these speakers aren't all they are cracked up to be. They are a vinyl covered speaker simulating wood grain (like many cheap speakers). They have a 10" woofer, a 3" mid-range, and a 2" tweeter. I have had these speakers for a few years, and I must say that I wasn't entirely satisfied with them. But it was all I could afford, so I stuck with them. But now that I am buying new speakers, I must warn you all about this particular pair. The bass is really not as tight or concise as it should be. It is a bit boomy when reaching into ranges under 300 hz. It is listed to be able to reach 40 hz, but in actuality it reaches there unsatisfactorily. It is also listed as being a three-way, but for the life me, I can't figure out why the tweeters on both of these speakers have no kind of sound coming from them. It seems that the "mid-range" is handling it all. The speaker cabinet is thin and brittle, and cracking is almost certain after a few years. Good to fair treble, but lacks terribly in precise bass. The paper cone does it no justice. Very weak woofers. Good only for maybe surround speakers, or bookshelf speakers, but never for main speakers.

Johnny Hsu   Casual Listener [Nov 20, 1999]
Strength:

Super-Cheap

Deserve their price

I saw these at a local pawn shop for $45 (for the pair), so I decided to purchase them for use as my surround speakers. They do this job fine - considering almost no bass goes back there. These speakers sound a bit hallow and flaky - but I wasn't expecting much for the price that I got them. I tried them out as the fronts just to hear how well (or poorly) they sounded, and I must say that the bass just wasn't there and they didn't sound very clean. However, a friend of mine uses these speakers in his room at home, and they sound slightly better. Unless you're scrapped for cash (as I was), I would go look for different speakers.