Phase Technology Teatro 10 Floorstanding Speakers

Teatro 10

Narrow 3-way tower with active sub-woofers

Mark Seymour   Audio Enthusiast [Jul 29, 2001]
Strength:

Great Sounding Speakers, Plenty of low end with the 75 watt built in amp. powering 10" driver.

None

I bought these speakers from House of Stereo, local High end stereo shop. Picked them up for $900.00 they were the floor models at the time. Have them running off of my Acurus amplifer. They sound great for movies and music.
Would highly recomend these for home theater setup.

My System Includes:
Tributaries Cables
Music Metre Speaker wire

Similar Products Used: Bose301, AM-5 series
Hugo   an Audio Enthusiast [Jul 23, 1999]

I've been using the PT Teatro 10s since Oct 98 and have been very pleased with them both as stereo speakers and as home-theater main speakers. I've noticed a very slight mains hum from the on-board sub-woofer power amplifiers when I'm close but this becomes inaudible from my normal listening position. Sound staging is pretty good and they are at their best with classical and acoustic music. They have the low-frequency power needed for movies in all but the largest rooms but lack the sheer slam needed for dance or heavy metal music.
I drive the speakers with a Sony STR DA30ES DD/DTS receiver rated at 80wpc. My
room is 18ft by 25ft.

Mark Finch   Audio Enthusiast [Oct 28, 2000]
Strength:

Fairly accurate and transparent, bass to match, attractive

Enclosure design warrants a difficult positioning process for proper bass response

Considering the price I paid for this pair of speakers, I can't really say anything negative about them! They were discontinued and I picked up Onecall's last pair. I'm very impressed with the sound produced from them, for both movies and music. I really like the frequency response, and the tone controls on my receiver are almost flat. Bass is great when you get it set up right. Seems like more than two 10's with 75 watts each. I did have a problem with the amp in the right speaker when I received them (it would cut out early and make a loud pop), but Onecall put a new amp in it and paid for all shipping charges. Very satisfied with their customer service. I would give them 4 stars for overall because of the amp problem, but 5 it is - only because it was replaced.

Jerry   an Audio Enthusiast [Aug 24, 1999]

Extremely smooth, can be a bit heavy on bass if control too high. I have found bass more manageable with woofers facing in. Great sound stage, laid-back high end may be viewed as a major fault with certain electronics. Mate well with kenwood. Seem to work much better with all phase-tech speakers(center/surround).These are a little hard to find but provide more bang for the buck than just about any other speakers.

Kenny   Audio Enthusiast [Aug 17, 2000]

My setup -
Receiver: Onkyo TX-DS676
DVD Player: Onkyo DV-C600
Center Channel: Phase Tech PC-33

I don't know what I can say about these that hasn't already been said. It is unreal what these things can do. Great wall of sound coming from the front. The things were a little hard to set up, but once they were, the sound was unbelievable. The highs could stand to be a little higher but of course that is user preference.