Paradigm Reference 11SE Mk2 Floorstanding Speakers

11SE Mk2

2 way bookshelf speaker with 2 8 inch woofers. Mid 90s.

Zo   AudioPhile [Mar 27, 2016]

I own a full set of Polk Audio Paradigm 11se MK2 since 1989 with Yamaha AVX-700 and Polk Audio Monitor Series 2 rear and center channel speakers. They work flawless, sound fantastic and now my son is taking them to enjoy in his gaming setup!!!

Rob   Casual Listener [Sep 05, 2007]
Strength:

Clean, Clear, Soft, highs...sometimes you hear things in songs you never knew were there.

Ecellent bass reproduction, bass pedal, and simulated bass sounds amazing.

Hard rock seems a bit harsh on these..but i hate hard rock so that might be it...not sure

I have owned a set of two of these speakers for about 6 months. When I hooked them up it opened up a new standard in home audio to me. So much so that I recently bought two more of them for rears. They are clean, clear, crisp highs with nice deep clear bass...no distortion or over-reacting. The one thing I can say for a negative is that the speakers tend not to like hard rock...the bass is not really good for punchy bass..it likes more soft or extended bass. Virtually everything else is flawless.

James Schwartz   Audio Enthusiast [Aug 31, 2007]
Strength:

Good bass, nice appearance, sweet tweeter.

Need a lot of power to drive them.

I purchased these speakers originally to go with a Rotel integrated amp and Pro-Ject turntable, but they've ended up as the mains of a 7.1 home theatre system I've put together. The Paradigm CC350 resides as the centre channel, and I'm using 2 sets of Axiom 1.2 bookshelf speakers as my side and rear surrounds.
It's powered by a Sony STR DE995 7.1 Receiver that I also purchased off of Ebay.
So far I am quite happy with the detail and accuracy of these MKII's.
If you can pick them up for under $300.00, you really can't go wrong. These are NOT bookshelf speakers, but a heavy 70lbs per that stand nearly 40" tall.
I use an 8" Axiom subwoofer in tandem with the set up, which gives me the deep lows that I'd otherwise miss with the MKII's.
These speakers are not bi-wireable, but have decent binding posts in the rear. For the money I paid, I'm very satisfied. Build quality is very good.
They are not the most sensitive speaker, and require a fair bit of power to make them shine. My 30 watt rotel didn't do a thing to them, which is why I moved them to the home theatre set up.