Mordaunt-Short MS 823R Floorstanding Speakers

MS 823R

Alex   an Audio Enthusiast [Sep 13, 1999]

Bought the MS823R mainly to blend in with my HT setup of MS208s (front) and MS209c (center) and because they were £59 down from £259. What can you do when confronted with a deal like this??
Anyway, they look great, feel reassuringly heavy and solid and are biwirable. Ran them in running stereo for a few mours after which they seemed to 'loosen up'. Toed-in gave the best results in stereo, but I'd really bought them for HT rears, SO put them to the test with a few Pro-Logic videos (only getting DVD next weekend so may update this after I have heard DD thru them). Pretty damn good. Much more detail than my old Gale 2i rears.

Now I've got a decent set of hi-power speakers, all I want to do is grab a carful of power amps, run one per channel and biwire with the most expensive cable I can find. I guess that's what happens when you buy a nice new shiny piece of kit... you want to hear just how well they COULD sound... but hey.

Impressed anyway.

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved. and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network: | | | |