Klipsch KSB 1.1 Floorstanding Speakers

main or surround

USER REVIEWS

[Jul 11, 2020]
fern

Strength:

I wanted to downgrade my rb-25 and got these ksb .. but im confused.. These little nuggets seem more clear and so crisp compared to my rb-25.. only diff is the rb-25 had more bass..

If these little speakers had a wood box.. i bet they sound would be amazing!!!

Price Paid:
Purchased:
Used
Model Year:
2019
[Oct 06, 2008]
Calvin
AudioPhile

Strength:

Absolutely amazing clearity, perfect compliment to my heresey series loudspeakers

...

So i walked into value village today and headed straight to the electronics section and lo and behold these klipsch KSB1.1 speakers were sitting on the shelf at 7 dollars. After finding them to be in perfect condition i bought a clean pair of underwear and bought the speakers

[Mar 17, 2005]
rbh49
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

a work horse in any situation you put them in. Satelite, Main or Back, in home audio theater. Dorm Rooms they are Da Bomb. Apartments ya gotta turn'm down.

You can't find the real thing

Klipsch KB or KSB 1.1 is a Gem among Gems. Getting very RARE to find, because owners won't let them go. Yhe ultimate utility speaker and as HUGE Bang for the Buck. If you find them jump. The SB-1 that replaced these are burners and not worth your nickel... find'm BUY'm Simple as that.

A LONE Champion

[Nov 13, 2003]
Scott
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Solid construction,non-removable grills.great bass for a bookshelf.remarkable presence for a small speaker.

Tad bright,but then again I'm not using a $2500 amp or receiver.A little heavy so if mounting on wall be careful.

I got a steal,buying the last 4 in the store for $180.Combined with an average Boston sub the sound was amazing!Great setup for rec room or den.Work great with my Yamaha 620 receiver.I'm not going to BS anybody & say the sound is awesome but the combo I put together CANNOT be beat for the price.With the class of receiver I'm using they can be used on either "large" or "small" setting & sound excellent.Great for surround.

Bose(never again),Boston,JBL

[Mar 21, 2003]
Mike
Casual Listener

Strength:

Price Presence (but then again, I'm like 4 feet from them) They totally command my 10 x 15 room, heh

too bright, but only very slightly

Used as bookshelf speakers in a stereo setup generally for music in small bedroom. I listen in very close proximity to the speakers. Clarity is amazing. Perhaps the highs are a little too prominent (a _little_ too crisp/bright to my ears. I hope thats the correct terminology because that's the way it they sound). Bass was more than adequate for my purposes. Happy with the purchase.

[Feb 22, 2003]
azjoe35
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Wonderful, full, clean, crisp sound. Durable spekeaker case and speakers. Can be mounted on the wall with built in holes (just add screws and use the template in the manual). High quality speaker connectors. Great horn tweeter.

None at all for my use.

These make wonderful 5.1 surround speakers. I haven't tried them as mains because I have a great set of BOSTONs on the front. I read a bunch of reviews before purchacing them myself. I have not been dissapointed one bit. The sound truely fills my room with all 5.1 movies. I had been using YAMAHA 3 ways for the rear and changed to these because I wanted some lighter speakers to mount higher on the wall. These filled the bill perfectly. One thing I didn't expect was the durability. One day my son pulled on the speaker wire and the speaker came tumbling 7 feet off the wall. Luckily he wasn't hurt. The speaker still works fine and suffered only a slightly dented grill. My refrigerator bore the blunt of the impact and has a nice dent in it. If you don't want to spend hundreds of $$$ on excellent sounding speakers by a reputable manufacturer, you can not go wrong with these. I am highly impressed all the way around. Thanks Klipsch and thanks Ubid.com

Similar Products Used:

Rears: Yamaha 3 way w/ 8inch woofer Front: Boston Acoustics, Sansui Center: Acoustic research

[Jan 29, 2002]
Octavio Hernandez
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Excelent horn tweetwer, nice front port, options for racks in the back.

By its size, lack of bass.

Great speakers. I have my 6 Klipsch KSB 1.1 (6.1 mode), one KSC-C1 and my KSW 200 Sub, connected to my brand new DENON AVR-4802, and i can tell you that these speakers realy sound very good. I had these same speakers conected to my old YAMAHA RXV795, and when i changed my receiver, a completly new sound emerged from my old speakers !!! I'm very happy with them but eventualy i will upgrade them as i did with my receiver. Enjoy movies and music, thats life !!!

BOSTON ACUSTICS, POLK AUDIO, JBL, KLIPSCH KG5.5

[Mar 24, 2000]
Larry K
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Value, clairity

Best stated in another review. "None at this price"

Since procuring a pair of Klipsch 10.5's last year and being totally delighted with them. I have built a all Klipsch HT setup around them. Of all the wares I have purchased I put the least amount of money into the rears.
For $149 the 1.1's are a great buy. After making some dB adjustments at the source the 1.1's have risen to the challenge of sonically matching the 10.5's and KSC-C1. Overall I am very happy with these little guys.

Klipsch, Cerwin Vega, Bose, Poineer, AR

[Jun 08, 2000]
Mike
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

crisp, clear highs, decent bass response

These go louder than the Polks I had. The Polks distorted at 2/3 volume while these do NOT distort until almost full volume, and sound a lot better than the Polks. The Polks had a bit more bass, but there distorted easier, and the mid's sounded muffled as compared to the Klipschs. VERY good value for $45 a piece on Ubid. Far superior to the Polks. I use Polk RT55e bookshelves for my mains (European imported solid OAK cabinets) a polk CS175 center, and the KSB 1.1's for the surround. I could not hear the polks as surrounds until I turned down the volume on the mains... with the klipschs I can hear them clearly.
The system is powered by a Yamaha RX-V595 (70x5)connected to a Yamaha CDC-665 5 disc changer VIA optical digital output, and to my computer VIA the coaxial digital on the Sound Blaster Live! I must say, I can buy a CD, and make a standard 128 Kbps/44.1 KHZ quality MP3, and the mp3's sound just as good. And yes, the Klipsches are VASTLY superior to Bose.

Polk MIII 2's, Bose

[Sep 12, 2000]
Chris Gizinski
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Superior sound quality for price range

None

Purchased from eBay auction...
These speakers are very surprising; I put a lot of faith in Klipsch's abilities after my purchase of the KSW 150 Powered Sub, (it rocks the house)and Klipsch did not dissapoint with the 1.1's.
The speakers are extremely sensitive, and will play beyond rated power without distortion.
I cannot find a peer for this speaker in this price range; I would have paid more, as these speakers are well worth more than $130 for the pair.
The warranty offered by Klipsch is five years, a testament to their own belief in speaker durability and quality.
Highly Recommended.