Klipsch KLF 30 Floorstanding Speakers

USER REVIEWS

[May 28, 2016]
Steve
AudioPhile

I have had my 3 KLF-30s for about 13 years. In their current configuration, they are my L, C, R front speakers. I have Heresy front side surrounds, KSP-S6 rear side surrounds, SA-3 rear surrounds, and a Definitive Technology Trinity subwoofer. Driven by Sony DA9000ES receiver, setup with a Sony TA-N9000ES 5 channel amplifier running in 2 channel BridgedTransformerLess (BTL) mode. There is never, NEVER an occasion with movies or music-classic rock being my favorite, that I EVER say "If only"...or "I wish" They are AMAZING!

[May 02, 2016]
KT
AudioPhile

Amazing speakers once you replace the dull stock tweeter diaphragms with Bob Crites. Can't beat a pair of these for under 1k used. Grab a pair, you won't regret it. I've owned many full range high dollar speakers. Unless your spending 4k+ used on a pair of large towers and quality subwoofer, you won't touch these.

Change the caps on these, or you might not be hearing a full working pair!

[Jan 09, 2013]
Wheelman990
AudioPhile

I have to say, with the Crites titanium tweeter diaphrams, these speakers can't be beat for their price. Magnepan 1.6's were in their price range, as were many other great $1500-$2000 speakers, but none offer all the values of the KLF 30. I have owned many speakers from $300 pr-$6500pr. Here is my ratings, not based on price, but out of the best I have heard.

Output level- 10

sound quality-9
dynamics-7
imaging- 10
soundstage- 9

Klipsch KLF 30's-Those are great marks for a $1800 pr speakers(with Crites titanium tweeter diaphrams-$60 shipped). I have read the titanium mid diaphrams from Klipsch take these even further. Also Crites cross overs. Maybe someday I will try them. I feel the only thing that keeps the speakers from being amazing is the midrange. Its a bit forward at times IMO. Could be my room too though. Magnepan 1.6's with a sub are hard to beat, but that increases their cost, and still lack output if using for HT, etc

[Dec 19, 2012]
Robert W. Harrison
AudioPhile

I have owned these speakers for several years and they are the mainstay of my dedicated Home Theater Room. I have found them to be among the best speakers I have ever heard. I have many brands of quality speakers including B&W, Def Techs, and a set of the original Advent speakers. These Klipsch produce quality sounds for both Movies and Music. I would put them up against most any speakers to which I have listened. They are smooth and give excellent performance in all frequency ranges. I listened to both the KLF 30's and KLF 20"s and decided on the 30's. If you get a chance to audition them I can almost predict you will buy them.

[Oct 22, 2012]
Da Long Ranga
Audio Enthusiast

I had a pair of these new with a Harman Kardon Citation system , When I tell you my neighbors
Hated me ,lol those speakers handled that High current pressure with ease , this duo sounds perfect at a high volume like no other , I think these beat the old JBL's that was made for Harman Kardon .

[Jul 26, 2012]
Paul
AudioPhile

I would like to start out by saying the KLF30 is one heck of a bargain for the price i paid for them($1500). Even though the speaker is out of production....they can be found and purchased used. It really pays off to drive these speakers with quality equipment. Had trouble with the cabinets in the beginning but reglued them and all has been fine ever since. I have owned these speakers for over ten plus years. (Mcintosh mc275 amp & C220 preamplifier ) Great Image, soundstage, tonal balance, crisp clean sound. For the money they are outstanding. When i purchased these i listened to quite a few others at the msrp$1800 price range...nothing compared to them. Great with all music! Cant say anything bad about them. KLIPSCH RULE!

[Nov 22, 2009]
Brendan
Audio Enthusiast

I have had these now for several months and i love them. My neighbor had 2 pairs of them and after hearing them i knew i had to have them. Hotel California off the eagles hell freezes over album sounds incredible. the guitars sound like they are in-front of me. They dont need much power to hit very high volumes with 102db sensitivity but can take a lot (200w rms). When i first bought them i had them hooked up to a Phase Linear 200 Series 2 amp with upgraded power supply capacitors. They sounded very nice and blew my old speakers out the door(JVC) I have them now connected a Adcom GFA-555 amp with a HItachi HCA-8500 MK2 preamp and they sound incredible. With the adcom amp they go to insane volumes now and are crystal clear all they way there. They really dont sound that loud because they are so clean. The bass is incredible and very smooth and clean but also capable of shaking the house along with the neighbors house to... All my friends who have heard them love how they sound right, never stressed in any way.

[May 11, 2008]
Jim Pearce
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Beautiful! Strong. Accurate.

No idea.

A wealthy customer gave me a pair of AR-9s and a pair of Klipsch KLF-30s believe it or not!
The ARs need new surrounds but the Klipschies are good to go...heres' what I think after just now hooking them up after them not being played for about 2-3 years I would guess...
Had the radio on and was listening from the other room and realized I had no listener fatigue as usual from my Pioneer 1050 after a bit of radio. OK, surprise no. 1
Then just now sitting in the other room researching these towers, I had Donald Byrd on--"Byrd In Hand". Not sure which track, but at the first few notes on one
I had the startling impression that there was a trumpet player in my living room.
OK;Cool. Very. Can't wait for miles' Jack Johnson, etc...
Having a bad left ear with compromised abiltiy to hear freqs over 4K (I'm told by an audiologist) I have been using an EQ to bump that range up a bit. Definitely don't need it now. And positioning takes care of the minor imbalance, although I do miss the tweeter sense switch I had on the former-used stacked Advents. May go back to the EQ of/on. (30s are not biamped by the way--150 A channel into highs; Bchannel into lows.) Have Heresys in the back on C.
To me, as some say, I don't hear the poor low-end response. They have 1/2" pegs on the bottom and sink into my carpet--may try spikes for the heck of it.
Room is 12'x 15' and 30s are in front of Advent stack. will move Advents somewhere (?/place is FULL!) and really have fun then. 4 stars for now except for value...obviously! No doubt at least 4.5 after posioning, tweakage, etc. Let the games begin!
Life is good. Very.
Oh, I'd pay at least $500 from what I've heard so for for used 30s.
$4K or so in free speakers? Who wouldn't be biased...