Kharma CRM 3.2 FE Floorstanding Speakers

CRM 3.2 FE

• Pure silver coils in crossover
  • Signature series WBT connectors
  • Advanced polymer

aleksandersloboda   AudioPhile [Dec 14, 2006]

There is a lot going on with theese speakers.
Soundwise it is just purity. Highs yes; midrange-fantasy; bass-well....I bought the sub...soundstage-piece of cake, transparency-remarkable.
OK, you have the picture.
Now more details. I bought them double blinded. Of course I've read the reviews, and I knew they sound great. So you expect them to sound great when you audition them?
What I did not know at the time, is that they wont sound great..., lets put it other way-they will sound as good, as your other components are. Do not expect them to blow your head away, if you pair them with wrong equipment. And it all matters: power cords, know the story. I've heard them with transistors with the dealer. I bought them anyway.
Few days later the same dealer delivered the pair of Tenors to my home to audition with 3.2's.
Ha..That was the blowout. Our jaws were on the floor. My friend owns Avalon with CAT, and he regret he did not hear the setup before he bought his. The other stuff included: ARC Mc3, Meridian 508, Stereovox Ref, and NBS Statement to sub. The most dramatic experience was with small bands and with vocals (say Casandras Strange Fruit), or classical (say piano+violin, or vocals and piano).
The other thing that matters is the room. My room at the time was 5 by 8 metres, and there were no problems filling it with sound.
Eventually I bought Tenors without hesitation. And... guess what happened?
Yes, I've got divorced.
I moved out to the smaller room (I mean listening room) on the third floor with few glass doors and walls. We set up the same system again and...magic gone.
Not as if at all, but it did a bit.
Looks. As for me this is impotant for the speakers to look good. As with 3.2's, they are as beautifull in the modern, as in older style rooms. I thought it is important to mention, just in case you move. And if you will, make sure you take your speakers with you. You wont be disapointed...even if you'll loose a bit of soundstage.

There are two.
First. Be prepaired to spend a lot for other equipment, and do not think you can upgrade in few years. At this stage Lamm SET is probably the first go, of course if you do not want s/h Tenors. And you need the right preamp as well. It may be very difficult to recommend any, that will stand out. Go for Shindo, I'd say.
Bass is no two. I bought the sub because the sound was dry on some recordings. I probably made a mistake. When I bought Elrods for Tenor this problem diminished and, while still better with sub, but not to extent of audible discomfort. So now I listen without the sub.

Reviews on kharma speakers are usually philosophical.
From times when we began interesed in hi-fi when we were young and up to now, when we are lucky enough to own them.
CRM 3.2 is the milestone in life of any music lover; and this was the milestone for myself. Out of the sudden I stopped buying hi-fi journals, visiting hi-end dealers etc. I was more focused on music and was able to listen to it for hours.
I sincerely think that the most important value of the hi-fi system, and the important test as well, is how quickly you will stop listening to your music, or move down the tracks. Treble, midrange, bass, transparency, soundstage....all that wont matter if you develop listening fatigue and start changing your cd's. This is something you wont consider while listening to equipment in the hi-fi shop?

Customer Service

You wont send them to Holland. Ask your dealer.