KEF RDM-1 Floorstanding Speakers

RDM-1

Roel   Audio Enthusiast [Sep 26, 2017]

KEF RDM two 2 is the best speaker for smaller rooms i've heard so far.

I am 56. Serious musician since many years. Good ears. Heard many speakers.

So i say first check your listening room.

These speakers are TOP (!) for smaller rooms/distance. In my case like 2 m away from speaker (about 6 foot), but they can take (quite a lot?) more. Never heard a better natural sounding small speaker till now. BIG advantage for small rooms these have a bass reflex opening UPFRONT so you can place them pretty close to a wall. This is a great plus for a speaker in a small room. Paired it to a Marantz 7000 and a Harman Kardon something. Sound is different because this speaker reveals how these amplifiers sound different. You can pair these speakers to many different amps. Go try. I heard Quad is ok. But my Marantz and HK also. Selling prices 2017 like € 350,-/set and rising. Try find a better small speaker for this price..

For big rooms find something else.

Please tell if you find a better speaker for a small room that can be close to a wall.

jan   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 05, 2010]

A fantastic speaker. Much, much better then kef IQ and EQ!

Pat   Audio Enthusiast [Dec 30, 2009]

These are great little speakers, partner them with good quality source equipment and you will be rewarded with very good sounding music. They do have a lean sonic signature, but this doesn't detract from the music. A good sub run at speaker level is a must to give music it's full scale, but for midrange and trebble these are very good speakers with a wide soundstage and cute, good looks aswell. A Great buy..

Peter   Audio Enthusiast [Oct 26, 2002]
Strength:

mid-range, clear highs,pinpoint imaging

none in the proper environment, not for bass heads

These compact and stylish units can put out the sound. Those looking for floorstanding speakers may want to recondsider. For a bedroom/study,these rival and surpass anything under $800- and they are selling well below that price point/ currently. Great clarity, supreme mid-range, and adequate bass in the proper space- they can be mounted on the wall, turned on their side or placed on stands for optimum listening. Overall, an absolute bargain compared to the competition.

Similar Products Used: B&W, PSB, klipsh, monitor audio
Teekster   AudioPhile [May 22, 2002]
Strength:

reference drivers

bass

I stumbled onto an incredible deal on ebay with these (used but perfect sonic and cosmetic condition). I purchased these as rears to go with my reference 2s and 100 center. These blend in perfectly with the rest of my theater speakers (all have the same drivers). Listening to them by themselves shows their excellent imaging and sweet British midrange. It's almost a waste to throw them BEHIND my couch.

Similar Products Used: Kef Q15, C25, Klipsch 1.1
Ryan Davidson   an Audio Enthusiast [Nov 27, 1998]

For months I searched for a speaker that would provide me with accurate soundstaging, musical balance, dimensionality, and years of listening pleasure. After listening to speakers from paradigm, boston acoustics, NHT, phase technology, and mission, the one speaker pair that I had to have was the RDM 2. Bass output wasn't a necessity because I already own a sub. However, midrange accuracy was a must. The RDM 2 is just like the RDM 1 ,but is ported in the front for more bass and costs about 300 bucks more. My next choice was the NHT super 2, which sounded great especially for the price, but just didn't bring the music to life like the KEFs. Even though I paid a bit more for the KEFs, I knew that if I would have bought any other speaker, I would have regretted it. I would also like to include that KEF is coming out with the RDM 3 floorstanding model. AWESOME!!

William FX O'Neill   Audiophile [Oct 02, 2001]

Purchased these speakers at www.smartbargains.com, which is a great place to find deals on various products, the products come and go, so you need to check in often. I use these speakers off my main system, in my office. They are great to listen to when typing away on my PC, or reading the paper.

Ty   an Audio Enthusiast [Nov 16, 1998]

Had these speakers for a few months now. From mid-range and up, they are extremely clear and accurate. They don't put out much bass so a quality sub is a must. I have the M&K MX-105 to complement them in this area. Last thing, they look beatiful setting on top of the speaker stands.
In short, these mini put out beautiful sounds from the mid band and up, and that was what sold me on.