Jean-Marie Reynaud Trente Floorstanding Speakers

Trente

The Trenté, fruit of a passion and testimony of its designer's long experience, was conceived for music lovers, for those attentive to musical phrasing and to the true range of timbres.

HXD   AudioPhile [Jun 28, 2012]

After 20 years of perfect speakers searching, I selected JMR Trente. I had owned several hi-end speakers like ProAc 2.5, Totem Model 1 Signature, B&W 805S, Dali Helicon mk-4, (just named a few) and finally 'married' with Trente. I owned it for more than 5 years before writing this review. No other speaker on Earth can offer that 'live sound' liked JMR-Trente. The worst thing is that it let me stay on my chair to listen albums to other albums every time & I cannot stop !!! My system consist Lavardin IT, Oppo 95 (was Cary 306 Pro) & Trente. Very Simple; isn't it? Interconnect & Speaker Cable are DNM. I swear, I also bought two used ones, mint condition, for the back-up or just in case. All of my friends have been searched it without a luck. Sorry - it was no longer in production since 2004/5.
Good Luck for searching one !

jb cortes   Audiophile [Jun 18, 2000]
Strength:

Soul-moving musicality

Frankly, none, as long as you're not looking for the 15 htz.

This is the speaker that convinced me, right out of the box and after 3 minutes of listening, to sell my Totem Mani2.

Their faithfulness to the music, to the timbres, to the rythm, their incredible soundstage (better than the Mani2, equal to the Offrande's) will blow you.

Elegant, unobtrusive, the Trenté have a festival of assets that are too numerous to list. Let's just say I fell in love with them. Do you explain why you fall in love?

I've never heard a speaker sound so good in this price category. Regardless of price, the only speakers that sound better are the Offrande (but their performances are really close). If you like Merlin VSM and that kind of extremely musical speaker, far from hifi, check out this one. At this price, it's not just a steal, it's a murder! As far as I can say, the Trenté has a better treble than the Merlin VSME, a midrange that is as involving, a better image, but less bass. They go really deep, though, regarding their size, and you won't feel any frustration from this point of view.

Similar Products Used: Totem Mani2, JM Reynaud Offrande, ML, etc...
Larry   Audiophile [Dec 28, 2000]
Strength:

Soundstate, Timber, Soul Moving, True to The Music

Base

I don't usually take the time to review products however this one really deserves one. There is not alot here on these remarkable speakers because they are new to the states.
Let me just say that you need to listen to these! If you like to be involved with the music and not just listen to it, these speakers are for you. Not the head banner type but refined, soul moving, accurate, smooth, little distortion, harmonious, and detailed. The bass is a bit light and will mate well with a good sub like the REL Sorm however not really needed for most music. Break in is a bit long but the wait is WELL Worth it. Highly Recommended!!!