JBL ND310 Floorstanding Speakers

JBL ND310 Floorstanding Speakers

DESCRIPTION

Northridge Series 3-Way Floorstanding Speaker - Two 10" PolyPlas Bass Drivers, One 4" PolyPlas Midrange Driver, One 3/4" Titanium-Laminate Dome Tweeter - Magnetically Shielded

USER REVIEWS

[Feb 09, 2013]
freddy bornand
AudioPhile

tengo estas columnas hace ya 3 años, las compre de segunda mano pero estan en exelente estado. me guatsn sus bajos, tambien sus medios, lo encuentro un poquito pobres de agugos, en general suenan increibles.

[Jul 10, 2010]
KRIS
Audio Enthusiast

THESE SPEAKERS are dope!!!! the only thing i had to do was replace the mid with a sounstage mid and added more r 20 insulation...i rigged up to each tower a harmon kardon sub woofer amp (12") to one tower and to the other a acoustic research (12") sub amp!! they took it like a champ!!!! wanna talk bass!!!! they are my fav outta my collection...i was on an acreage (11 hectares) and the cops still showed up!!!!

[Sep 01, 2009]
southpaw
Audio Enthusiast

Theses speakers are just amazing,WOW. I mean that they sound so crisp. I have had these speakers since 2001 or so. have not had the problems that some other people have had, in fact i do like a fair share of bass so one day i decided to pop in Rhianna's "PON DE REPLAY" WHICH BY THE WAY CARRIES ALOT OF BASS AND I DO MEAN ALOT ... I couldn't even take the bass out out the song through the receiver (old school pioneer) I even have a ten band equalizer............ so is it just me or do i just need to update my receiver, it's at least 13 years old.... Other than that they ARE AN AWESOME SET OF SPEAKERS, great sound, great quality.
I will recommend these to anyone that has an ear for great crisp sounding music. one more thing that if can or are able to turn them up LOUD, I will guarantee that someone will be knocking on your door.

[Aug 24, 2009]
ATAYLOR61802
Audio Enthusiast

GREAT WOOFERS, OK MIDRANGE, AND HORRRIBLE TWEETERS! I RECENTLY REPLACE THE KMART TWEETERS WITH A PAIR OF VIFA'S FOR A WHOPPING $30 AND THEY SOUND LIKE BRAND NEW SPEAKERS I COULD NOTICE RIGHT AWAY ALL THE HIGHS I WAS MIISING OUT ON WITH THE ORIGINALS... I BOUGHT THESE OFF OF CRAIGSLIST WITH A PAIR OF JBL HLS610 BOOKSHELF SPEAKERS ON MATCHING STANDS FOR $200 I FEEL AS THOUGH I GOT A REALLY GTOOD DEAL AND AFTER I REPLACED THE TWEETERS THEY SOUND AWESOME.

[May 15, 2009]
BallinWithNash
Audio Enthusiast

I bought these from some guy for 50 bucks and I was assuming some problems which there was. One tweeter was blown and the posts on of the speakers broke off but after some minor repairs they sound great. The bass is punchy and tight, maybe a little weak in some of the midrange but sounds just fine. I have a Denon AVR-1400 powering them which gives them 70 watts and they get loud! Overall a good set of speakers that you should be able to find somewhat cheap compared to others.

[Jul 05, 2003]
Gamerspage
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Power. Definately power.

Damn things kept sliding across the concrete in here, even with their rubber pads. Cut up some nice thick rubber I had that's used for production of gaskets. They stay still now =)

For the price, this is an excellent pair of speakers. The bass is extremely powerful and tight, though has some issues in the deeper frequencies (You may want to consider a sub). The mids/highs are good, but there are a few spots that they don't seem to enjoy (Something like a 5 band EQ cleans that up). Overall definately worth the cost, and hit *hard*. I run mine with a pair of JBL D-38s, which are probably comparable to the N38s [Though bookshelf, not floorstanding].

Similar Products Used:

Had an old pair of 10" floorstanding Technics, JBL N38, various polks, BSR 15", etc.

[Jan 23, 2003]
buddy777
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

the high's mid's and low's all blend evenly.

A little top heavy, and the bottom front edges are rounded so it could fall forward easily. I may have to stablize.

These are the best speaker under $500.00. I went to listen to these speakers 3 times before ordering them. I auditioned jazz,classical,and my favorite ROCK! They enhanced the sound of each musical style. I am also using them for home theater,and they sound great with my surrond system. I have the jbl s-center and for the rears i have the jbl s-36`s and they blend well with the nd-310's. I thought the jbl s-312's had a harsh sounding high end, and it didn't enhance the enough low end enough. I am very happy with my purchase.

Similar Products Used:

bose 301's (no bottom that's why i bought the 310's)

[Aug 21, 2002]
bill c
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

good power handeling great base fills the entire room with sound

none

after having my last speakers for 8 years I decided to upgrade. these new speakers by jbl (nd310) purchased in 2002 are great. they fill the room with sound they have a very crisp reproduction of highs & especialy lows. great speaker for low price.

[Jul 26, 2002]
carrotman
Casual Listener

Strength:

Great bass, 10's hit great and are very efficient.

shipping weight

These are great speakers with excellent highs and deep bass. After looking at a number of higher priced speakers I decided on these because they sounded great and where much cheaper than other models.

[Jun 14, 2002]
John
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

No port noise even at extreme program power, high range/bass drivers boast incredible spectrum reproduction. Generous power handling. Great value.

Midrange can sound muffled and distorted, using a standalone or PC equalizer easily takes some of the load off the midrange driver, solving this problem. The towers are heavy (67lbs.?) Can be difficult to move on tile flooring.

Incredible value, beats the &^@% outta competitors, generous power handling, no port noise even at extreme program powers, midrange+ isolated from bass? Seems like it... sounds great. Must use .07% THD or less passing distortion. Anything over 60w/channel will do the job (I strongly recommend the use of Harman/Kardon HK3470 or HK3370 Stereo Receivers). Awe inspiring presence. I could go on and on.

Similar Products Used:

JBL N38, Harmon Kardon HK3470 Stereo Receiver, Onkyo TX-SV424 A/V Control Tuner Amplifier, Kenwood SW-200, Sony STR-DE475 DTS Receiver