JBL E90 Floorstanding Speakers

• Equipped with JBL's tried-and-true titanium-laminate tweeters
  • Dual 8-inch PolyPlas woofers
  • FreeFlowâ„¢ flared por
  • The Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal (EOSâ„¢) waveguide
  • Straight-Line Signal Pathâ„¢ (SSP) crossover network divides the signal with minimal processing (and minimal opportunity to degrade the signal
  • Computer-designed, lock-mitred cabinet virtually eliminates distortion

Thor   Casual Listener [Apr 21, 2017]

Great sound - music and movies

Available At:
cadbot   Audio Enthusiast [Aug 28, 2004]
Strength:

Provide plenty of bass Crisp upper tones Cherry finish is complimentary to other furniture.

None

I recently started upgrading my surround system and started with the E90 floor speakers. I was amazed. I recently bought the E150P subwoofer and coupled with the E90's, I'm just blown away. Playing my CDs is like listening to them for the first time.

WabashCharlie   Audio Enthusiast [Jun 25, 2004]
Strength:

CLEAR sound Good bass Seems like you are in the concert hall BEAUTIFUL speakers

Why don't you have a pair? Bass not as good as pricier 10 inch woofer JBL E100s.

After trading in my disappointing Infinity Primus 250s, I used the credit toward these pricier speakers (600 vs. 350 a pair), and I was simply blown away by the difference. I'm pretty new to high quality equipment, but the best way to describe the sound is clear. The highs and mids are excellent, and the bass is good, esp. considering it only has 8s and they go down to 36db. Might want to use a sub anyway, but these have undistorted, tight bass, so it's not absolutely necessary. They have a cherry veneer and look great with a silvery finish when the grille is off. Nice to have the 5 way gold plated binding posts. These are GREAT speakers, esp. with classical music, and even reproduce bass heavy rap pretty well. Worth every extra dollar for this penny-pinching college student.