Infinity Systems Reference 61i Floorstanding Speakers

Reference 61i

I think these speakers are THE best, under $1000

morkor   Casual Listener [Nov 12, 2010]

I bought it a few days ago from ebay for 150€. I must say that these speakers worht alot more that this price. Rich bass, nice high-freq, mid is not bad either. They match nice as rear speakers for my B&W 603 S3 fronts, while B&W needed a simple sub to boost their bass a bit, infinity's didnt need any assistance for that - for sure. I would recommend them if you dont mind the size of them :-)

Magnus T   Audio Enthusiast [May 10, 2003]
Strength:

great sound, and heavy bas!

NONE

This speaker is great, i have the whole reference series in my homecinema! They are powerfull, askicking speakers!

Bas van der Zee   Casual Listener [Mar 27, 2003]
Strength:

Deep bass, clear mids and detailed high...at every volume.

Maybe the size...(?) Looks are 'not very expensive'

I've been looking for a pair of these Infinity's for a while since I heard them. They sounded at least as good as similar, but far more expensive speakers from Klipsch and Heco. I have bought a second-hand pair for $275, and used them for more than a year now. Since then I haven't been dissappointed in any way. These speakers sound great for many types of music (I listen to a wide variety of music, from Aerosmith and ZZ top to Norah Jones and Sarah McLachlan) Even at higer volumes these speakers sound well-balanced and always with lots of detail. I use a Kenwood KR-A4080 receiver, and it works fine with my Infinity's. I get a good deep bass and for me there's no need for a Sub... I've also tried a Denon AVR 1400 AV-reciever, but without succes. In Hifi was all bass and all the clarity had disappeared. To my opinion these speakers look impressive, but I can imagine that some people may find them too big. And yes, with 20,5 kg. they are heavy too... These speakers don't have a very expensive appearance, but after all they are cheap for the delivered sound.

Petteri   Casual Listener [Sep 18, 2002]
Strength:

Everithing! Goes from Classics to heavy thecno and hard coore!

Reserve ecuipment it´s kind of expensive.

A very good speakers for that kind of money!! You can hear allmost all freecensis!! One of the best affair I`ve done! You need a powerfull amplifer to get max from this speakers! You will NOT be dissapointed, Íl promise! Buy them NOW!

Similar Products Used: Tryed Dali911 but changed to Infinty Referens 61i. Because the sound it´s MUCH clearer!
John Williams   Audio Enthusiast [Aug 20, 2002]

Infinity is not a good brand at all id rather buy BOSE

Apu John Joseph   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 27, 2001]
Strength:

Detailed Sound, Good depth when drived by a good amp. Price.

Size, Heavy

For the price I paid, I must say these speakers are Giant Killers. Excellent performance, when it comes to Home Theater and Audio playback.
The bass response is a bit low while playing back audio CDs at lower volumes. But at higher volume levels it just rocks.
For movies the performance is uniform for all volume levels. I play music ranging from Jazz, Blues to Heavy metal and the speakers have been doing a great job till now. While playing movies like Matrix I have to lower the volumes fearing that neighbours might complain. The pair really shakes the floor. I must also say that I am not using a sub woofer. Iam driving these speakers through my Yamaha Rx-V520 AV receiver. Make sure you use an amp that can really drive these speakers. An RMS output of 70 and above should do the job. Mine delivers 105 Watts.

For anyone looking for a high performance lower priced speakers it's the best option.

Similar Products Used: None
Danny   an Audio Enthusiast [Apr 25, 1999]

I can't find anything about this speaker on the web...Someone here know about them something?

I just saw them and they look very impressive, i consider to replace my
Paradigm M9 with them, they are built identical (2 woofers same size like the M9 and a tweeter But they have a mid speaker!! not like the Monitor )

Danny

ray   Audio Enthusiast [Oct 20, 2000]
Strength:

Clarity, soundstage

Fine with subwoofer

These speakers were $250 a pair with sh at Ubd and are very clean and detailed when hooked up to my M&K powered subwoofer. They sound fabulous and need a good musical sub; one that sounds like music, rather than just thumps and vibrations,

A real bargain.

Similar Products Used: Wharfedale Modus and Opal's
Will   Audio Enthusiast [Sep 30, 2000]
Strength:

Incredible definition, great sounding speakers

HEAVY

This is actually a review for the Infinity Reference 71 MK II speakers, but the 61's were the closest I could find. These speakers can go for between $50 and $100 apiece on ubid, but I would say that they're worth far more than that. The sound quality is absolutely incredible, especially considering the fact that these bad boys are only about 2' 4" high (be warned, they are rather heavy, though - 16 kg (around 35 lbs) for this size is pretty damn heavy! I recently purchased an Onkyo TX-DS474 receiver, and these speakers run perfectly on it, even though it only has 55 W/channel. Be warned that on ubid it says the impedence for these is 8 ohm, but in reality, it is 6 ohm.