Infinity Systems Compositions Overture 2 Floorstanding Speakers

USER REVIEWS

[Jul 17, 2014]
Simeon hester
Audio Enthusiast

Nice highs, mids, and love the deep bass great pair of speakers I'm happy to have them

[Feb 08, 2012]
Lee
Audio Enthusiast

I could not afford these when they came out, but times a change a long with the price. I also got a pair of the overture 1's as well with the stands. I must say they were worth the wait, they sound oh sooo good. I must say they sound really good together and I got all of them in pristine condition for under 300.00 hundred bucks. I have had some good speakers since way back when, and I could see why I could not afford them in 1999. I know that there are a lot better stuff out there but have you ever had a pair speaker;s that you wanted in the past but they were just way out of your price range and they just kinda stuck in your head well I guess that would be me with these. They sound great the imaging is nice and know I can get rid of my old Velodyne 1512 sub since every one of these have a built in powered sub. Any way will keep them until they die. I am not a bid Infinity fan besides these. I guess things do come true, keep the music going, Lee

[Jul 19, 2002]
Patrick
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

midrange, appearence (goes well with my room)

bass(not bad, but not great), tweeter is to bright

I bought a pair of these on ubid almost two years ago. This is the first pair of tower speakers i've owned and I still have them. Personally I think it's an OK speaker but definatley not worth the MSRP. I've listened to many different speakers at hifi stores and have to say the midrange on these speakers does compare favorably but there are negatives. The tweeters are bright especially with my setup. I prefer a more laid back speaker but some may like the detail offered by an overture. The bass is alright but if your looking for something to shake the house down get a separate subwoofer. Overall a decent speaker

none

[Jan 30, 2002]
min Metally
Casual Listener

Strength:

High, MId, Sound Stage and fullness

Bass adjustment location, connection option (no separate bass in)

Got them more then two years ago. Mine's are dark Cherry finish which is beautiful. Never appreciated them till I got another two tower speakers. Suddenly found the OVT-2 sounds so full, so clean and the mids, yes the mids, are so outstanding. Only need a little power input and the speakers come alive. Best for Classic and Jazz. The bass is good enough for me in HT. Will keep them for the years to come.

JBL and other Infinity speakers

[Jan 18, 2000]
Dom
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Built in subwoofer, small footprint, great sound

Speaker covers are cheap and flimsy. They feel like they may break every time you touch them.

Unbelievable speakers. I got a great deal on UBid ($720 delivered). Have seen some go for less, but did not mind paying a little bit more after I heard them. While I was waiting for a new reciever, I hooked them up to a 6yr old Sony and I was almost sorry I purchase a new reciever. The sound quality improved so much with these speakers that I couldn't believe it.

Built in 150 watt powered subs give enough bass to rattle the walls, and the mid and highs are crystal clear. I thought Stevie Ray Vaughn was in my living room.

Best speakers I every owned by a land slide.

[Jan 23, 2000]
Loc Ngo
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Nothing

Cheap grills for around $2000 msrp, they could of used better materials. Lack of bass considering they have a built-in subwoofer. I even spiked the speakers 1 1/2 inch off the floor.

I like many got these at ubid.com at $846/pair shipped. What a sucker I am. I've been listening to them for a more than a month now, just recently I started to hear a popping sound from both of the speakers' woofers when the bass level is turned to about 7 and the volume at -8db (claimed upto 112 db handling). I am using a pioneer Pioneer Elite vsx 24tx A/V 90 watts per channel. which should not be a problem. I am very annoyed by what they claimed to be one of the best speakers. I tried to call the number on the warranty book, (818) 407-0228 located in Chatsworth Calif., no one answered, not even a greeting. I've been trying to get in touch with them for a week now, I give up. I'll try ubid's customer care, wish me luck, they're not any better.
DO NOT BUY STUFF FROM UBID.COM don't be fooled by the price. I checked the prices at circuit city, they're currently have the overture 3 on sale for $899/pair. People at Ubid.com bid as high as 500-600/each + ridulous shipping and handling charges. Unless I am doing wrong, be really careful.

Similar Products Used:

jbl sva series, lack of bass considered they have a built-in subwoofer.

[Jan 28, 2000]
Csoki Berzsenyi
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Nice Soundstage with DD and DTS. All for 630.00 Shipped.

If your buying them for big bass...don't. Unless you have a sub to help out.

Audition speakers before you buy!! Purchased from ubid for 287.00 a piece. Demode many others in same price range. Could not find anything that came close for the price. The soundstage that I got for 600.00 is nothing to be disappointed in. The bass output is not phenominal but when using my BU-120 with the O2's...I have to turn the bass control down to 2 so as not to disrupt the neighbors down below. Voice matching with the CC-3 is great. No delay, lip-synch is right on. RS5's for the rear do a great job of engulfing the room with plenty of undistorted sound.

Ubid does stick you for the shipping and there customer service is horrible. There was a chip on the bottom of one of the speakers. Didn't effect the output and I thought it would have been more of a hassle to send it back knowing ubid's nasty track record. The only thing they have going for them are the prices they offer. And that the 5 year warranty for the speakers is through Infinity.

Value Rating is a 5 because of what you get for the price.

RS 5's...CC-3

[Jan 25, 2000]
L Ngo
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

absolutely nothing

Everything.

Yo dude Marc, wait you use them for a month. If nothing happens then your speakers are non-defective. So tell me why do MSRP ~$2000.00 speakers act like they do at -7db.
Hope you'll never to call infinity for support, I finally got a hold of them and they gave me a number in my area and when I called they simply told me to return them to the place where I got them since I only have them for a month and simply hung up. You ubid bidders know that ubid's return policy sucks, stinks etc. The OV 3's were really on sale for 900/pair at one of the circuit city stores in Calif. I went there myself. I didn't get them because infinity gave me a very bad impression so far. I am sure most of you are proud of your O2's speakers and maybe mine are just lemons.

Cheers,

[Mar 05, 2000]
Chris
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Great sounding!!! Pink Floyd and Dave Matthews have never sounded better!!!!!! Couldn't even turn the bass up the whole way. Great set of speakers!

Bass control is covered up by front grille. Bout all folks!

Bought as most have, off of ubid. Paid 327/pr. Figured a good deal because of the high retail price. They have sounded great since I hooked them up! Bass is not annoying and mid-ranges are very clear. My reciever is not powerful by any means and even it manages to make these speakers sound great!! Thank goodness for the powered sub. But, if you're expecting them to play rap, you may not be impressed. I recommend playing Dave Matthews-Two Step.....crank it up......sounds awesome!!!

[Mar 27, 2000]
SamIAm
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Clear sound, tight bass, self powered amp, UBID price

Flimsy grill, bass control behind grill, M.S.R.P.

I am basing my review on the $327/spkr. price I paid from UBID. These are NOT $1,200-$1,400 per pair speakers as they are sold at Circuit City and others. For the MSRP you can get a much better speaker. They are very good speakers at the UBID price. The grills are unecessarily flimsy. The bass control is behind the grills so adjustments require removing the grills. Even as thin as the grills are, they still cut some of the sharpness out of the sound especially from the tweeter. I remove the grills for listening, and to my ear, it does make a fair difference. I also took the advice of other reviewers and adjusted the base pins so that the speakers angle upwards. This also made a noticable difference. These are not what I consider "warm" sounding speakers. They've got quite a punch across all frequencies and can sound very bright until you have adjusted them to your room. The bass is very tight and punchy but does bottom out at volume. (My personal preference is for a tight bass, so these fit perfectly) These speakers are accurate enough to make well produced recording sound great and really bring out the flaws in poor production. Bottom line is that I am really enjoying these speakers both for music and surround. They do a wonderful job of sound reproduction and were the right price. There may be better speakers out there at the UBID price, but overall I'm very happy with these.

Bose, JBL, Polk, KLH, AR