Infinity Systems Alpha 50 Floorstanding Speakers

Infinity Systems Alpha 50 Floorstanding Speakers

DESCRIPTION

• video-shielded
  • bass-reflex
  • frequency response 35-22,000 Hz (±3dB)
  • 8-ohm impedance
  • sensitivity 91 dB
  • handles up to 200 watts
  • black ash or cherry vinyl finish
  • dual 5-way binding posts
  • 9-7/8"W x 39-3/8"H x 13-13/16"D

USER REVIEWS

[Mar 29, 2019]
UNCNorseman

Strength:

Replaced my Rectilinear 7 front speakers that, although almost 50 years old, still sounded great ($3,000 speaker by today's prices, they'd better) with a set of Alpha 50's from CL. First set of speakers I've ever run in stereo for just the two fronts. I'm hearing things in my music (everything from King's X to Metallica to Bach to Keith Green to Gilberto Gil...) that I've never heard before! Clarity. Depth. I run a sub, but with these I'm not sure why. Looking for the 40's and 20's now to complete the set, that's how great they are.

The black finish speakers are a tad ugly... My Rectilinear 7's were part of the furniture with their Walnut finish, but these are just SPEAKERS. My wife hates them for that reason. But they are GREAT speakers for a song!!!

Price Paid:
Purchased:
Used
[Dec 23, 2016]
Charlie
Casual Listener

I baught a Denon reciever 2 Infinity Alpha 50 floor speakers a Velodine 14 inch sub, 2 Infinity wall speakers, and the center shelf Infinity speaker. giving me a 5.1 surround w/ voice command. Also an Audio Technica turntable on craigslist All for $500.00. It is the best stereo i have ever heard. The Alpha 50s and the sub alone sound superb. And i abuse it. I love loud ass music. This system holds up very nice to my abuse. I would recomend infinitys to anyone

[Nov 16, 2015]
Theo Paul
AudioPhile

I have a high end audiophile system with an expensive pair of speakers. My sister asked me to assemble a system for her on a $400 budget, a challenge. I found these speakers on Craigslist for $125. Before I bought the speakers I checked here for the reviews. They were all positive so I bought them
. I got them home and hooked them up and really I was very impressed. They gave my $10,000 speakers a run for the money. I listened to them for a week and found the sound terrific, balanced, lots of bass, detailed, great sound stage. They are very well built, solid construction. and look great.
I can highly recommend these as a great value for the money.

[Mar 02, 2014]
cone
Audio Enthusiast

I purchased these on CL for $200 which is a decent deal considering build and performance..These have a relaxed, easy listening quality with imaging one comes to expect from Infinity. They might be too laid back for some. The Achilles heal of the speaker is the exaggerated mid bass which can be thick and sluggish. I tried various placement options and could nicer tame it. I eventually went with the Primus 360 which although a lower line is far more balanced speaker at a 25% or more savings. In fact, they give my IL 40s a seious run for their money. That being said, if one can find these used for under 2 bills that is still a good value. I would hi pass with a sub to tame the mid bass. I also preferred these over Athena towers...although Athenas did have better bass but ultimately fatiguing.

[Nov 23, 2013]
Luis "darkbytes" Mendoza
Casual Listener

I had the Kappas 7.1 listening side-by-side next to this Alphas 50, listening to a marching band video on T.V. and I swear that the range is so small on the Kappas that you COULD NOT hear the trombone, whereas in the Alpha 50, having my ear right next to it, you could hear it with absolute clarity! To my range was not that important as brand and size, but now I see that it makes a world of difference!

[Mar 23, 2013]
Rashad
AudioPhile

The best speakers ever. I've had these speakers for more than 10 years and every time I hear them my heart drops. I've heard speakers 3x more expensive and still these speakers impress me wouldn't trade them for anything else.

[Jan 01, 2012]
William
AudioPhile

I was really lucky with these speakers. Being on craiglist, I was looking for something of a compact size and a nice build. When I first noticed these speakers on one of the posts, the first thing that caught my eye was the design and sleek and smooth appealing simplicity of this tower. Of course, before doing anything, I ramaged through the web trying to find every bit of information on these speakers. Short story long, I bought these!!
I must say, these are wonderful, and amazing speakers!! I tried every style through these, ranging from Opera to Heavy Rock. This speaker pulled out anything I put through it, without a hint of weakness. Frequency range did take me aback. Bass was tightly displayed to the ears, mids were there and not cutout like a smile frequency, and the highs were crisp but not painful.
I sat up on my bed once, and tried out watching Twilight with these speakers. The hilarious part was how much clarity these things put out at the right time. There was a scene where Edward and Bella kissed, and at the moment of that kiss, you could hear with such ease the smack of the lips from these speakers. Honestly, my eyebrows went up with how lovely these speakers shined!!!
A while later, I have found out something which made my insides jump from happiness, was that these speakers are made by Infinity which is connected to the " Harman " company. Harman specializes in some amazing speaker production, and to own at least a floor speaker set of their chain is the grandest thing ever for me!!!
For anyone out there, whether you are looking at ebay or craiglist or some 3rd party seller, and who prefers a nice clean balanced sound and quality. You will not regret buying these!!!

[Nov 27, 2010]
Doctor
Audio Enthusiast

The sound that never disappoint you in any genre of music !
I have Alpha 50s for about 10 years and i really love them - Soft bass and nice highs - You can not imagine the pleasure of them until you hear them yourself - Best floor standing speakers for the money !

[Feb 21, 2009]
robert brown
AudioPhile

Very Good Speaker on a all around basis.

[Nov 26, 2006]
badrabdoh
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

superb highs, mids and lows. room filling sound. the best looking speakers.

none of course.

these speakers are the best and I loved them so much. I had the jbl e80 before them, they were so good but comparing with the alpha 50, there is a really big difference. the sound is unbelievably crisp, clear and natural. although I am using a poor receiver (the yamaha rx-v550 ) the sound is flawless. I dont even think changing to a better receiver will make a diffrence . and I love the look of these speakers, I have never seen such well designed speakers like this. I have the cherry color. it fit with my room perfectly.

the bottom line is, if you see the alpha 50 in front of you , dont lose it.
they deserve every cent.