Fluance ES-1 Floorstanding Speakers

Fluance ES-1 Floorstanding Speakers

DESCRIPTION

The ES-1 is revolutionary in design and performance. An elite flawlessly made high performance speaker system in a elegant lifestyle design which provides superb audio reproduction. This model is true sign of our devotion to 'affordable quality'. The styling is extraordinary and they sound even better than they look. This is unmistakably a speaker system made by Fluance. Experience the sound!

USER REVIEWS

[Jan 17, 2012]
Max
Audio Enthusiast

Ordered a set of ES-1 based on reviews and the advertised "satisfaction guarantee. I was disappointed in product quality and Fluance's post sale customer service. Pre-sale was great but returning them was difficult. As far as the product - they did produce sound equivalent to my 20 year old 2-way boxes but I would not compare them to Polk. Based on the different pictures of the ES-1, Fluance apparently changed the construction of these speakers but did not change the model number - perhaps to continue to capitalize on the older reviews. The width is listed as 10" - this is the base platform and not the speaker box portion. Concrete in the speaker box rattled and I was informed it is added to add ballast. I think it gives them an artificial heavy feel. This manufacturer also apparently filters reviews and prevents negative reviews from showing up on their own website site. As I submitted a similar review there but it never appeared.

[Mar 11, 2009]
Richdiculous
Audio Enthusiast

I am extremely happy with my purchase. These speakers look great with my entertainment center and TV, and the glossy piano finish really makes them look classy. My wife was worried that they would look out of place, but now that they're set up she is convinced that they make the living room look nicer.

Although I've heard quite a few good things about the ES1 speakers, I was still surprised by the amount of bass that comes through them. The highs are even better - each note is crisp and defined, and the sound fills my entire house. Now matter how loud I turned up the receiver, I couldn't detect any distortion. I will definitely recommend these speakers to my friends!

[Apr 21, 2007]
Joseph
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

PRICE, sonic clarity, bi-amp ready, very good sound stage.

cheap plastic looking base and top cap

Ordered AV-10 speakers and got a free upgrade to the ES-1's due to lack of stock. My lucky day! Awesome speakers when coupled with a sub for frequencies below 70Hz. I power them with a 120 watt per channel HK Stereo (yes I said stereo) reciever and run them through a 15 band equalizer just to tweak them ever so slightly. Add a 12 inch 150 watt sub and CD's, Movies, and Concert DVD's rock! Don't let the fact they won't cost ya an arm and a leg fool you, these may be the best deal in HiFi to be had in a long time!

Excellent

Similar Products Used:

Ohm Walsh 2, Accoustic Research AR-8, Stacked Advents (the real ones with the red tweeters circa 1975).

[Apr 05, 2007]
Chris
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Look great. Very good sound quality for the money. Easy to set up and install.

Beware of early harshness - they do break in after a few weeks.

Bought the speakers without listening based on others reviews. Turned out the reviews were right. These speakers replaced a pair of 8 year old Infinity’s – good speakers in their own right but the drivers were aging. My choice was to replace the drivers or buy new speakers. The reviews and the price drew me to the ES-1’s.

First few weeks, these speakers were breaking in. They sounded distinctly harsh. After the break-in period, however, they REALLY smoothed out.

I would highly recommend them as excellent value. They look good (my wife likes them) and they sound very good.

Customer Service

Fast ship and REALLY well packaged.

Infinity

[Oct 22, 2006]
high voltage
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Sound quality, clearity and perfect reprentation. ES1 are Bi-ampable if your into that...personally, I would know why you would do that...

I have not found any yet...

Blown away. I have had the speakers for a little over a week now. When I first hooked them up, it was a bit tinny sounding so I left them on for a couple of days to break in. Now, they rock; clearity, harmonics, and precision on everything from head banging to movies. I also have the DB-200 sub, excellant, the BP 100 rears and the SC center...unbelievable package at any price... I had hear these speakers were high quality before; I have the upgraded version from last years models as Fluance had reconstructed the entire line with new crossovers and a bit different construction.

Fluance Customer Service was and still is AWSOME through the entire experience.

Customer Service

Fantastic customer service from start to finish and even after

Similar Products Used:

hmmm, well, sorry to say I was a Bose man...Fluance is 4 or 6 classes ahead of anything bose has produced in years.

I do have an awsom pair of older Realistic speakers that to this day, kick some mighty ass.

[Dec 31, 2004]
swannyd
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

good looks, price, sounds great.

not able to bi-wire, but apparently being upgraged this years model

I bought these speakers a year ago along with a fuance center and 4 bi polar surrounds, for my 7.1 home theater. I have then powered by a yamaha rx-1400. I feel these speakers sound and look great. A sub woofer is a needed for sure tough.Other fluance speakers sound great as well.

[Sep 23, 2004]
doc
Audio Enthusiast

They are $400 speakers and they sound like $400 speakers. They don't sound like $2000 speakers. I have problems with one grill and I needed to exchange. They made me to pay the shipping to send it to Canada.

B&W

[Jan 16, 2004]
J Han
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Great service

High frequency

I bought this pair for my surrounding, but I was disappointed for its high when I compare my B&W main speakers.

B & W

[Nov 01, 2003]
John Zapolski
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Great service, fast shipping, value, flashy finish, good sound

Aluminum cabinets should be braced better, tend to have some minor resonances at low frequencies.

30 years ago I was an "audiophile", but soon tired of all the hype and buzzwords. I got the first crude copies of "The Absolute Sound" and just shook my head. No logic, no science, the laws of physics need not apply. Subjective nonsense (a joke I thought) but it got totally out of hand. I soon began reading "The Audio Critic" So there! About the Fluance ES-1's: I was impressed with the fast shipping (four days) and customer attention. I didn't expect the great detailwork, like the chrome speaker surrounds, good binding posts, allen head screws, and deep glossy black paint. Very impressive to the point of being almost gaudy, but they look good in my hobby room. Worth the money for the looks alone. Sound is smooth with no excessive mid-range and bass is adequate and satisfying, although not deep. They engage the listener and I (subjectively) like the sound. They are quite heavy, but with the (rather thin) aluminum cabinet) I would guess they have some ballast inside. If you are looking for a change of pace, these are worth considering. A unique product.

Celestion SL600, Wharfedale Diamond Five, Mission 731i

[Apr 14, 2003]
XSternMinator
AudioPhile

Strength:

Sound Stage Imaging Clarity Price

Stiff and metallic sound Bi-wire Cheap feet used on speakers (rubber instead of metal spikes)

First, let me establish my credentials. I am an audiophile, and my home system is a pair of McIntosh MC30 pentodes with C20 tube preamp, Rotel CD player etc etc...so I can say with confidence that my ears are trained. These Fluance are very amazing for one word: VALUE! They compete in the lower end B&Ws, Energy, NHTs with ease, yet only cost a fraction of what others will cost you. The sound is crisp and clear, the highs aren't extending, but not harsh either. The sound stage is accurate and wide, for such low cost speakers I wasn't expecting a wide sound stage at all. The imaging is also very clear. The overall sound is a bit "metallic", as opposed to what I usually listen to (Altec Corona, which is pretty warm) These towers are also very responsive and they pace well. I am currently running them with a 7w amp, and it's doing quite well even with the low power, and even cranked up I don't hear any clipping. This is an excellent buy for the price if you're looking into the $1k~$2k range (Energy, NHT, etc etc...) These remind me of such awesome values as Sound Dynamics, except the boomy bass. These towers have very controlled bass, though not very low extending, but still you can hear a bottom floor.

Similar Products Used:

Energy, Boston Acoustic, ProAc, Sound Dynamic, Parasound, Rotel, McIntosh etc...