DCM Timeframe TF-600 Floorstanding Speakers

USER REVIEWS

[Dec 30, 2017]
bill
Audio Enthusiast

Picked up 2 sets of these one for 85 and other set for 50.
Running a Hafler 500 amp and either a 400 adcom or hafler 110 preamp .
I am amazed by the sounds that come from different angles at different times .
I am totally satisfied with the bass ...guess I might try a sub eventually.
Also have a set of DCM TF 350 speakers that also kick but of course lacks the soundstage of the larger 600 units. I find it hard to part with any of these but knowing at least one set will have to go. Right now Iam playing with different preamps and speaker placement but overall very pleased with the DCM speakers. If you find them ....buy them.

[Dec 06, 2017]
Derek
Audio Enthusiast

I paid $500 smackaroonies for my set of 600's back in the early 90's .... Right out of the box !.. I was amazed from day 1 !!! these things are older than my kids ! had a grad party at my house in june 2016 for my oldest daughter and due to currently going through a separation my A system was in storage .... Had my B system set up though .... JVC JA-S77 ( no slouch ) set up to my 600"s .... I don't know if I was more proud of my daughter or my speakers ! my time frames have been amazing for over 25 years and I don't believe I will ever part with them .... I've had these speakers in many different homes ... my favorite was hanging them by hooks and fishnet from my ceiling on a 45 deg ceiling in my Float home ....... and at that time powered by a Sansui AU-X1 AMP ..... I've always always had good amplification pushing these speakers and I just cant say enough about them ! TF-600 owners know what I'm taking about ... anyways .... that's my 2 bits .... Get a set !

[Nov 06, 2017]
Peter Currie
Audio Enthusiast

Well I am a valve man, and its always British HIFI for me (I am English after all). This is my first set of USA speakers and I am amazed by them, great clarity, soundscape and very natural.

Its taken me a long time to find speakers which match my Leak - Quad setup, Quad ESL's was the closest I got but these are much easier to live with placement wise and are better listen to anything speakers. So if you are looking for speakers to match your valve (tube) amp give these a try, if you can find some!

[Sep 30, 2015]
Dean
Audio Enthusiast

Bought mine for $10 at a garage sale. One resister in the crossover was bad. Replaced it. Boom, they've been good to me ever since.Good, flat, natural sound. Added a sub and Polk center channel with big Denon amp and Klipsch satelite speakers. Great for our surround system to watch movies etc. I have a big grin on my face when I get complements on my system.

[Dec 17, 2012]
David Jandziszak
Audio Enthusiast

I have two pairs of these speakers. I listen to all genres of music. The reproduction of the true sound recording is incredible. I added a Sub woofer for the deep end bass under 80 hz and the music just comes alive. The sound stage is out of this world! Listen to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and you will hear it like never before. James Taylor sounds like he is playing live right in front of you. Great value if you are looking for Great sounding speakers that won't break the bank.

[Sep 25, 2012]
Eric Johnson
AudioPhile

I bought these TF600s on e-bay about a year and a half ago and could not be more pleased.
I'm running them with a Carver HR442 receiver and the imaging is just superb.The guy who sold them to me packed them so well,that I e-mailed him and said "There have been radioactive isotopes shipped to secret underground bunkers deep beneath the tundra of Antarctica that were not packed so well!" But I diverge;If you have a chance to buy a pair of TF600s AT ANY PRICE do so! They are incredible!!.

[Jun 02, 2011]
Darryl
Audio Enthusiast

I own a pair of the Dcm tf 600 towers and these speakers sound nice.I replaced a set of Ohm pro 250 sound cylinders and the mid bass performance of the tf600 is very strong and dynamic,along with the Tf600 i am running a Atlantic Technologies powered 12"sub and it is a perfect match,these speakers are played with a wide variety of genres and they sound great with them all,they are very efficient or put some power on them.I help start the Polk audio line where i am from in the same time period these came out so i sold and owned most of the SDA polks and they sounded nice too but the weakness of those speakers were their tweeters and some in the line that used passive radiators,they would bottom out repeatedly with any music that had dynamic bottom end and i spent a lot of time replacing those Polk tweeters.

[Mar 04, 2011]
AMD
Audio Enthusiast

Picked up my TF 600s for 20 bux with 1 sock tore up. It only took 4 yards of grille cloth to solve the issue. Just use the old socks as a pattern and youll have new socks for less than 40 bones. Just take the bottom plates and legs off and undo the sock from the bottom and roll it up. Easy.

Whats not so easy is to describe the quality. They sound amazing. I am still astonished that this design uses only 2 6.5" drivers and extends down to 30hz. he 3 vifa tweets in each cab can get a bit shrilly if driven hard. Moderate volume is where they really shine. Accurate and musical to say the least.
I run them @ 70 wpc and 250 wpc to 4 Aura 10s x's @ 75 hz and its all I need.

[May 31, 2010]
karister99
AudioPhile

These are some of the great old school speakers I've had and never thought of replacing. These have the great looks and great soothing sound quality in them, they sure have a very broad and well balanced huge sound-stage to them. I think you'll need little help in the bottom end, other than that theses are phenomenal speakers. If your to get this kind of well balanced sound you would be looking about 2K - 3K range. It pumps up enough low end for me and I adore these guys from the late 80's, if you see them in the used market around $200-$400 in decent condition jump on them and you'll never regret them.

[Sep 19, 2009]
panicmaster
Audio Enthusiast

I absolutely agree with everything positive that has ever been said about these. I have a set of 600's as my main listening speakers and a smaller set of 350's in my dining room. I am writing this still seething about the E@*#&@)@ing sniper that just outbid me by $2 on ebay for a set of 700's. I was surfing the net to see if I could find another pair (they went for $182) when this page pulled up.

I initially bought them on reccommendation from a friend in the stereo dept. of circuit city and never looked back. I have had them about 15-20 years and just as good today as the day I took them out of the cartons. I originally bought them because I was listening to a lot of folk, jazz similar music at the time and I couldn't believe the reproduction of sound and especially the imaging. I could sit in front of these speakers and virtually visualize where every instrument was placed just by listening. It was like going to the concert. When I heard (don't laugh) Roy Orbison's Mystery Girl album on them I swore to never buy anything else again. I have a big bucks 70 in hd tv and bigger bucks NHT surround system that freaks me out when I watch movies but when I really want to LISTEN to music, I flip the selector switch to my Time Frames.

Here is the thing I just don't get. Nothing DCM has put out since has come close in my opinion Why the F*** have they just not reproduced these. Not the crap they are selling as new style deconstructed time frames but the real deal? I know there would have to be a market for them. Maybe just upgrade them to black lacquer for those of us who have sort of grown up (but that might alter the sound and it wouldn't be worth it.)