Cerwin Vega HT-SAT5 Floorstanding Speakers

HT-SAT5

5.25" Woofer and 1" Tweeter

MatrixDweller   AudioPhile [Jan 30, 2007]
Strength:

- Small but loud
- Crisp highs and smooth mids

- none

These bookshelves make great surrounds. The mid and highs are very appealing and smooth. They do need to be backed up by a subwoofer though. I've used these for over 7 years in my home theater set up and am quite pleased with them. I have no reason to part with them at this time. They were a great purchase decision when i bought them.

OVERALL
Jon Fiscel   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 21, 2000]
Strength:

Overall balance is very good, Imaging is excellent, Not bright by any means, decent bottom end for the size, great power handling.

For the price: NONE

Very good sounding speaker for the price, retail is $300.00 for the pair and I was able to pick these up for $179.00 from a dealer. Wood veneer not vinyl which is a plus in my opinion, 1" convex silk dome images very well. Inclosure is ported in rear at top so they are efficent and have good bottom end for there size. I'm using them with a CV LW10 powered subwoofer which is another great product for the price. I'm also using a Philips 40 w/ch receiver, JVC CD Player, NAD cassette deck and a Hughes retriever. This is a second system in my den and I think is sounds great!