Cerwin Vega AT-15 Floorstanding Speakers

AT-15

15" Woofer, (2)5" Mid and 1" Tweeter (1987-1997)

Bob   AudioPhile [May 18, 2017]

I have owned many speakers over 45years . I have had a pair of at15's since 1988 . they have survived 4 receivers . and are still rockin . I had one grill fall apart due to a basement flooding about ten years ago. but both pair of speakers survived .and come out rockin .
if you ever get a chance and get lucky enough to come across a pair at a fair price they are worth buying .you wont be disappointed.

Biggnikk   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 07, 2017]

The Cerwin Vega! AT-15 is the best speakers system I have had the pleasure of hearing. Hands down.

Kevin   Audio Enthusiast [Sep 06, 2016]

Using a kenwood kr-9600 receiver . Pair of cv at-15s . Also a pair of cv u-351s . Buried my ears in both sets of cv speakers at the same time and I have got to say to say they seemed equal . Don't under estimate the cv u-351s . These fat ice-box-speakers also rock . Also have some cv dx-7s that are smaller but impressive . Googled and built some app.44in. Strong stands for the at-15s& u-351s . I like the falling sound up like that . Gonna put some massive vintage electrovoices on line -c- on my kenwood receiver to mix up the sound for a change . Another cool deep bass nostalgic sound .

Matt   Audio Enthusiast [Jul 04, 2016]

In 91, I wanted a system that I would have forever. I made the right choice. Onkyo integra and CW AT-15. I dare you to find a bad review on these speakers. Bass, bass, and more bass. I am only pushing 110 watts, they can handle over 400!. After 20 years I had the surrounds and voice coil replaced by licensed service center - I had my babies back!!! These speakers are truly one of a kind. Will never get rid of them. I paid a lot for them when the first came out, few hundred more to have them rebuilt - worth every penny.

Joe s   Audio Enthusiast [Jun 14, 2016]

bought these used for 200 bucks with a technics high powerd amp included , speakers were too big for my house so had to set them up in my workshop ,
as soon as i hooked everything up , and turned the volume up , my wife says the smile was worth every penny ,
20 years ago a salesman gave me a demo of a pair in store , and it was a memory i never forgot ,,when the chance to own a pair came around had no problem purchasing them they were a b ich to load and unload , they top about 90 lbs per speaker ,
i refoamed them back to the nice shiny red foams , also replaced one speaker terminal in the rear , re glued the cross bracing in them as the glue was no longer holding , ,
i also painted the raw particle board inside of the cabinets now they dont absorb moisture and smell like damp pressboard ,,
i will keep these forever because nothing comes close to the tight bass and sound quality of these ,
i have a pair of six inch cerwin vegas and the surround sound deal in my living room they don't compare at all , not even close ,,

for concert sound and feel ,, the at-15 s are the closest by far

James LeMons   AudioPhile [Apr 04, 2015]

I bought my AT-15s when they first hit the market and was blown away by the quality of sound they produce. I still have them today and would not want to trade them for anything else. At the time I had an old Pioneer SX1280 that I was having a hard time finding a set of speakers that did it justice. The AT-15 were a great match and could handle more than what the SX1280 could put out. I far as I'm concerned there isn't a better speaker on the market.

okieaudiophile   Audio Enthusiast [Jun 26, 2012]

Purchased these at Circuit City in the early 90's for half price around $700. These have been great sounding speakers for over 20 years. Early on could not afford a big enough amp but my Pioneer vsx 1120 drives them fine. Also the automatic equalization smooths out some rough edges. No need for a sub with these babies they will shake the house. Recently had to replace foam surrounds on woofers. $29 bucks from simply speakers and speakers sound like new. Highly recommend buying used and fixing up worth the trouble.

T-bone   AudioPhile [Oct 21, 2011]

In 1991 I saw Circuit City had a pair of CV AT-15s on sale for $600 a pair. I went ahead and picked up a set. A year later I purchased a Carver TFM-35/250 Watt per Channel amplifier for them. Talk about loud! I have since moved on to more accurate speakers and amplifiers but could never part with the old Carver/ CV combo. They are from a different louder time of my life.
I just used mine to DJ a wedding a couple weeks ago. It had been a long time since I used the CVs in such an agressive manner. But even at 20 years old they played louder than most professional DJ equipment and still sound a whole lot better. There was another DJ across the way that was also doing a wedding. My CV’s sounded SO much better.
People who hate on Cerwin Vega just don’t understand them and what they were built for. Do you take a Ferrari off roading? Do you take a Land Cruiser to the drag races? So why would you expect the CV to sound like a B&W? They were not built to be the most accurate speakers. The Cerwin Vegas are made for high volume and bass output while still having some kind of accuracy doing so.
Bottom line; if you want loud, low, and efficient, you can’t go wrong with the AT-15. If you want accuracy and detail, look elsewhere. However the CV’s don’t sound that bad considering what they were built for.

GoodieAT15   Audio Enthusiast [Mar 27, 2011]

I don't really see why all the Cerwin-Vega! Haters do what they do, I mean, have they ever even listened to a pair of Cerwin Vegas with a good amplifier?
Don't waste six grand on some "audiophile" speakers, cuz you're throwing your cash in the bin.

I've owned my Cervin Vega! AT-15 for a few months, and I can't describe how good they are, if you want a speaker that pounds a large amount of bass, go for these. If you want a speaker that sounds good, crisp AND clear? Go for these.
I've listened to similar speakers such as, AL 1000, VS-15 and different kind of speakers from Sweden and Denmark.
But nothing can really compare to the clarity and smoothness of the mids in the AT series speakers.
As I said, don't buy crap because bad sound really does kill good music.

panheadjeff   Audio Enthusiast [Jul 03, 2010]

I've had my AT-15's for around 15 years now and you just can't hurt these things. When I want LOUD, I use my MC2100 solid state amp and hang on ! These speakers like a lot of volume, but they also sound fantastic when hooked up to my 8 watt a channel single ended tube amp !! When using the tube amp, with all bass and treble set at flat position the sound stage is amazing, life like placement of voice and instruments. Anyone who talks these things down has never really listened to them. My audiophile friend from New Orleans tells me that my small system blows away all of his expensive audio equipment. And with just 8 watt per channel!!! I have sold my Bose speakers because they just don't have the presence of the AT 15's.