Cerwin Vega AT-15 Floorstanding Speakers

Cerwin Vega AT-15 Floorstanding Speakers

DESCRIPTION

15" Woofer, (2)5" Mid and 1" Tweeter (1987-1997)

USER REVIEWS

[Oct 05, 2018]
TAGuy

Strength:

Strengths : BASS . Big beautiful deep musical BASS. The polycell tweeter too . Great imaging , if properly setup . Big power handling . Massive output . I have recapped the cross overs, added a 400Hz coil (1.6mH) to the woofer, reglued the back panel seams , lined the inside with Thermo King (like cheap dynamat) , fiddled with position, used a dsp parametric EQ, and gotten some of the best overall sound of any vintage hifi speaker I've ever heard. Other speakers used : RTR 280DR, JBL L100 , Infinity SM152 , Quantum Jr , and Quantum 3 , Pioneer HPM100 , Cerwin Vega DX7 , VS120 , XLS1515* (*Not even close)

Needs lots of power , despite high efficiency. Mids are not as good as highs and lows. Cabinet may develop glue seam cracks if moved , due to high weight , and internal pressure at high volume .

1985
[Jul 17, 2018]
kraigmartin80

Strength:

I have a pair was lucky enough to buy them for 50$ so far they bump and shake the house love it. Im running them through a pioneer sx-1010 with an eq its the best pair I’ve had so far vs the other speakers ive owned over the years had them for about a year going on 2

Fuse goes quickly I think my amp puts out to much for them

[May 24, 2018]
Cerwin Vega lover

Strength:

I've owned them for three years had them professionally reconed and refomed I push them with a crown ce2000 660 rms watts a Channel and they take every bit of it if you want an amazing speakers that can take plenty of power that will rock your world look no further these are the speakers for you great clarity bass and Power these are simply amazing speakers I will never get rid of these speakers

There are no weaknesses

1991
[May 24, 2018]
Cerwin Vega lover

Strength:

I've owned them for three years had them professionally reconed and refomed I push them with a crown ce2000 660 rms watts a Channel and they take every bit of it if you want an amazing speakers that can take plenty of power that will rock your world look no further these are the speakers for you great clarity bass and Power these are simply amazing speakers I will never get rid of these figures

There are no weaknesses

1991
[May 18, 2017]
Bob
AudioPhile

I have owned many speakers over 45years . I have had a pair of at15's since 1988 . they have survived 4 receivers . and are still rockin . I had one grill fall apart due to a basement flooding about ten years ago. but both pair of speakers survived .and come out rockin .
if you ever get a chance and get lucky enough to come across a pair at a fair price they are worth buying .you wont be disappointed.

[Jan 07, 2017]
Biggnikk
Audio Enthusiast

The Cerwin Vega! AT-15 is the best speakers system I have had the pleasure of hearing. Hands down.

[Sep 06, 2016]
Kevin
Audio Enthusiast

Using a kenwood kr-9600 receiver . Pair of cv at-15s . Also a pair of cv u-351s . Buried my ears in both sets of cv speakers at the same time and I have got to say to say they seemed equal . Don't under estimate the cv u-351s . These fat ice-box-speakers also rock . Also have some cv dx-7s that are smaller but impressive . Googled and built some app.44in. Strong stands for the at-15s& u-351s . I like the falling sound up like that . Gonna put some massive vintage electrovoices on line -c- on my kenwood receiver to mix up the sound for a change . Another cool deep bass nostalgic sound .

[Jul 04, 2016]
Matt
Audio Enthusiast

In 91, I wanted a system that I would have forever. I made the right choice. Onkyo integra and CW AT-15. I dare you to find a bad review on these speakers. Bass, bass, and more bass. I am only pushing 110 watts, they can handle over 400!. After 20 years I had the surrounds and voice coil replaced by licensed service center - I had my babies back!!! These speakers are truly one of a kind. Will never get rid of them. I paid a lot for them when the first came out, few hundred more to have them rebuilt - worth every penny.

[Jun 14, 2016]
Joe s
Audio Enthusiast

bought these used for 200 bucks with a technics high powerd amp included , speakers were too big for my house so had to set them up in my workshop ,
as soon as i hooked everything up , and turned the volume up , my wife says the smile was worth every penny ,
20 years ago a salesman gave me a demo of a pair in store , and it was a memory i never forgot ,,when the chance to own a pair came around had no problem purchasing them they were a b ich to load and unload , they top about 90 lbs per speaker ,
i refoamed them back to the nice shiny red foams , also replaced one speaker terminal in the rear , re glued the cross bracing in them as the glue was no longer holding , ,
i also painted the raw particle board inside of the cabinets now they dont absorb moisture and smell like damp pressboard ,,
i will keep these forever because nothing comes close to the tight bass and sound quality of these ,
i have a pair of six inch cerwin vegas and the surround sound deal in my living room they don't compare at all , not even close ,,

for concert sound and feel ,, the at-15 s are the closest by far

[Apr 04, 2015]
James LeMons
AudioPhile

I bought my AT-15s when they first hit the market and was blown away by the quality of sound they produce. I still have them today and would not want to trade them for anything else. At the time I had an old Pioneer SX1280 that I was having a hard time finding a set of speakers that did it justice. The AT-15 were a great match and could handle more than what the SX1280 could put out. I far as I'm concerned there isn't a better speaker on the market.