Cadence A-15 Floorstanding Speakers

USER REVIEWS

[Dec 04, 2012]
Danny
Audio Enthusiast

Bose is good, but wait until you listen to these speakers with a perfect receiver or amplifier. I promise you will be blown away. Side subwoofers are super duper smooth and tweeter is super clear. A+++++

[Feb 12, 2010]
cotl
AudioPhile

Hello there i got the cadence a-15 over 2 years ago and all i can say is WOW the sound the looks everything about them is the best

[Mar 12, 2007]
Ron Bowerman
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Looks:
These speakers are beautifully finished in piano black and look fantastic in my home theater. They arrive boxed separately and well packaged in thick boxes with reinforced corners. They are very heavy and the money spent for shipping is well paid. The eBay pictures simply don't do these speakers justice and Cadence would probably sell many more is they just improved their images.

Sound:
The speakers sound is simply great. While they may not compare to $2,000 Martin Logans, the A15 certainly outperforms anything in its price range and I dare say any set of towers under $600 (and Bose). I was once a sheep with an overpriced Bose system but I have seen the light. There is no reason to look past these speakers for an enthusiast (if not audiophile) home theater system. The 8" sub provides excellent lower mids but should obviously not be used in lieu of a dedicated powered subwoofer. The highs from the tweeter have a really nice sparkle and do not sound shrill or exhibit roll off. I use these towers for both music and movies and both sound clean, natural, and uncolored. Cadence certainly has hit the nail on the head with the A15 and I really don't know how such a fantastic speaker can be offered at such a low price.

Build Quality:
I don't have much to say here other than that these are really solid and I have had no problems whatsoever.

There are a few weaknesses with these speakers but they are easily addressed. For one, the side firing subs can sound a bit boomy. This is easily rectified by either having the subs play towards each other - which helps - or you can buy a bit of poly pillow fill in Target or Walmart and put it into the sub's chamber. Cadence recommended this to me and told me it will not affect my warranty.
The other weakness will only affect a small amount of people but if you want to bi-amplify the front speakers and the built-in sub you will have to rewire the terminals since it comes wired for single amplification. If you send Cadence an email when you place the order they will do this for you but I did it myself within about five minutes.

When I purchased these speakers I was a bit wary since the eBay seller promises a lot of performance but the price is so cheap. I was blown away twice by these speakers; once when i received them and opened the box and once again when I had connected them to my Denon receiver and actually listened to them.

Customer Service

I spoke to Cadence once about the bi-amplifying and Jason was very helpful and gave me exact instructions how to go about it. He also told me about how to fire the woofers and about the poly-fill. These speakers ave never had any problems but I once had a small problem with my (also excellent) XSUB-12 and it was handled quickly and professionally. Overall I am extremely satisfied with my all Cadence sound system and would definitely buy from them in the future.