B&W 704 Floorstanding Speakers

B&W 704 Floorstanding Speakers

DESCRIPTION

2½-way vented-box system, 6.5" paper/Kevlar cone bass driver, 6.5" woven Kevlar cone bass/midrange driver, 1" alloy dome tweeter, 40Hz-25kHz ±3dB, 8 Ohm impedance, 90dB sensitivity, 92lb/pair.

USER REVIEWS

[Jun 10, 2020]
shoun11

Strength:

We are best Professional SEO, Digital Marketing, Web Designing and Web Development Company in Bangalore.
top seo agency in bangalore
digital marketing company in bangalore
best seo expert in bangalore
PPC agency in bangalore

very nice thanks

Purchased:
New
[Jun 08, 2020]
jackyj

Strength:

nice product to buy online spiritual courses

dont have any

[Jun 08, 2020]
delhis

Strength:

Our prior goal is to surpass all the expectations of our client by providing outstanding customer support service, greater value and increased flexibility which in results optimize system functionality and improve operation efficiency.
erp vendors
erp development company
pharma erp software
online erp software india
pharmacy software india
hospital Management erp software

nice products keep it up!

Purchased:
New
[Mar 28, 2016]
Doug Bateman
Casual Listener

I should make it clear that I am not interested in HiFi per se: my sole objective has been to achieve at home, a sound nearly approximating to that which I experience in the Opera House, Concert Hall and Recital Room. To my ears, the 704's, with Cyrus electronics and powered by Mono x 200 amps achieve this so admirably that I do not envisage changing any of the components. Ever. My Impression is that they may not be as suitable for Rock music, but I am unable to comment, having no personal of experience of the genre.

[May 30, 2015]
Al Rook
Audio Enthusiast

I have had my 704's for so long now I almost forgot how great they are. I had had them hooked up to a Harmon Kardon integrated amp for most of that time (and a Thorens TD 295 MK II with a Grado cartridge). But when I just upgraded to an Arcam Solo Movie 5.1, I was blown away by the depth of musical detail they are capable of. I describe myself as "audio enthusiast" only because I can't afford to be a true audiophile---though I am now looking at upgrading AGAIN: this time to an Audio Note izero. I can't imagine what that would make them reveal. I loved these speakers 13 years ago and I love them even more today.

[Apr 26, 2013]
ChagaNationdotcom
Audio Enthusiast

These are some incredibly sounding and seriously revealing speakers. Too revealing of the recording in some instances, especially busy hard rock/metal. But if you are into Jazz/Electronica/Pop/Classical these will allow you to hear EVERYTHING. I had these matched with old school power and modern source equipment. Carver C-16 Pre, Carver TFM-35 (refurbished and slightly modified by Hi Tech Audio), Oppo BDP-83, Morrow SP3 and MA3 cables and a Schiit Bifrost DAC. These will get plenty loud and they sound BETTER the louder you go to an extent. The sound stage is incredible. You need the power to get the most out of these...at least 100w/chan.

[Dec 01, 2009]
Ben-D
Audio Enthusiast

A year ago replaced my old 504 speakers. I really wanted the 803S series, but too much for my budget.
My 704 speaklers are great even in an open area with wood floor, the sound still is great.

I have Rotel Amp & Preamp 1082 / 1080 series. I was wondering if is a good idea to add a subwoofer and if so, what type.

Ben

[Feb 08, 2008]
mike
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Looks, price, sound.

Deep base

These rock, rotel 1072 amp with rotel 1055 cd player, 12 gauge home depot wire. Highly recommended for casual listening - not great for rap or heavy base music, otherwise excellent clarity and production of acqoustic music. Friends and family love the sound. Have a large room with wood floor and raised ceilings, sounds great.

[Dec 09, 2004]
Metro
Casual Listener

Strength:

Nice Desing Determine and define music Great value Enough to support all type of music

None so far

I listen 704's in my friends home and love them. I had them over a week and I don't think I am over 150 hours as yet, but speakers are just great. 704's are great for all type of music, I found that best for Jazz, Latin Jazz, Classic. It is a little passive for Pop and Hip Hop. Again, Speakers are not enough old to determione all the music types as of today. Based on combination that I have 704's are the best and most cost effective solutuin that I got. Classe CAP151 NAD CE521BEE All Pro cables

Similar Products Used:

B&W 705 Paradigm V60 Totem

[Nov 20, 2004]
HuubFranssen
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Details Basses are deep and detailed Beautiful (cherry) finish Not very big Value for money

Need to run in (150 hours)

Last year I had a lot of speakers. Started with B&W 603. Dazzling details, after biwiring them I was in heaven. Problem: only in the middle of the chamber (36 square meters, stone everywhere) they sounded good. I sold them. Then I bought KEF Q1's with a REL subwoofer. The KEF's are cheap&good. Voices were perfect but pop music too dull. I did'nt listen much classic music at that time. Then the B&W 7-series where there. I listened to the 705's and I was in love again. I had my details back. The subwoofer filled in the lows. Rage Against The Machine sounded as they were playing in my room. Terriffic! Suddenly I started to listen classic music. One of my rich girlfriends has Dynaudio Special 25's with some other fine hardware. An evening listening there spoiled me. Classical music was beautiful But Rage Against The Machine sounded like sh.t. Back home my 705/Rel combination sounded very disappointing listening the same classical music. The subwoofer just did'nt give me the warmth I wanted. 3 Months ago I was broke. I have 4 kids and 2 wanted to study something expensive. I had to sell the only valuable things in my home: the speakers (and my digital camara). So I had to start over again. After 2 months I had enough money to buy something new. I had a list of things I wanted: - Fine details - Firm bass, not boomy - Not too big - Good sounding with Pop and Classic - Not too expensive The first speaker I heard was the Revel Performa F30. From that moment everything sounded less. This are real fine speakers. But much too expensive: 5000 euro. Then I heard the B&W 704's. The refinement was a bit less than the Revel's. But on the low end they were better. I ordered them and since 1 week I have them. In the beginning they seemed a bit duller then the 705's. But I knew from the reviews that I had to run them in for a while. Now, after 1 week I'm very happy. All the problems I had are gone. Pop music is as good as the 705/subwoofer combi. Different of course. Less spectaculair but much more balanced. The deep basses came alive after 5 days of playing day and night. I don't miss my Rel! And the bonus: classic music is very good too!

Similar Products Used: