Amphion Argon2 Floorstanding Speakers

• Bass driver
  • Crossover topology
  • Magnetic shielded

Ferry   Audio Enthusiast [Jul 12, 2009]

Bought a cherry-finished pair of Argon2's as an ex-demo last year for half the original price. Compared to my previous speakers (Mission 731i) it gives a more transparant, more 'cleaner' sound. It doesn't only let you hear the music, but also everything around it. It gives a wide soundstage and a great bass-response (more than you would expect from a small monitor). And although it's 'just' 86 dB/W/m, on my tube amp (Primaluna PL2) they do very well as long as you keep the volume at a moderate level (which, I guess, has more to do with the amp). Luckily I listen most of the time to classical and jazz-music.

At this moment I'm totally used to it's amazing sound and since I have them, I've heard many other monitorspeakers performing not as good as the Argon2. But that's only 1 subjective opinion...

Just listen for yourself with the music you like. For the price it's a bargain compared to the soundquality it gives.

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved. and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network: | | | |